Masters Running

Happy Birthday Saturday (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice results from my fitness test yesterday. I lost 4% body fat (believe me, there was a LOT of room for improvement), a half inch on my arms, an inch from my waist, and I was up in all of the other testing (bench press, flexibility, etc)  My weight was the only thing that didn't come down, but I'm a "work in progress" on that one. For someone who will be 62 this year, I rated in the excellent category for almost everything.

Well done!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tet, the gorilla is a fellow from the Heartbreak Hill Running Company, and he sets himself up on weekend mornings at this time of year.  It's all part of the festivities that begin on the course as we get closer to race day.  As for costumes during the Boston Marathon, there are always some. There are tighter security restrictions this year on what can be worn, so there will likely be fewer.

Yeah, there was just an article in the Globe saying that costumes were not going to be allowed and that they would be cracking down on bandits, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.