Masters Running

Brooklyn HM RR (Read 194 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

With a handle like SirWalksALot, I had no idea you were such a speedy guy - great racing! Btw, I'd have given that bagel marshall a few choice words, or at least a "Wha....??" Unbelievable how people can be.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wow...thanks for all the nice responses everybody! I run solo, and it's encouraging to have a chorus of well-wishers. Holly, my screen name came about like this: I've always been called by my middle name, but occasionally get addressed as "Walter," my first name, especially at races where I've used a CC to register. A friend who knew my middle name but not my first heard such an exchange, so I had to explain it to him. He asked if anyone called me "Walt," and I said "yes, I get Walt alot." He said "Walt-a-lot? Sounds like a knight." It soon morphed into Walksalot, because after about 100 yards into a run, that's all I feel like doing. Big grin I usually tough it out, though. Oh yeah....the bagel marshall......I've gotta give props to all race volunteers.....I can hardly dress, feed and get my two girls out the door in time for school; can you imagine funnelling 5,000 runners into their gates? (Winces at the thought) Walt