Masters Running

12/16 Sundaily (Read 328 times)

Twocat, seeing a cool bird and spotting leftover pie in the fridge evoke the same delight, no? But I have to admit the relation between the two is positive but not statistically significant. <snerk>
    stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Another lost noob checking in.

It's taken a week to move from a 4 br house to a 2 br apartment. Picked up a second 10x10 storage unit on the way. DH has a wee bit more downsizing to do before the move to Florida next year. He had 4, yes 4, closets in the old house. I had 1. Smile

Oh, I plan on running 3 or so later.

...going thru Pool WithDrawal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,closed til the 31st

been eyeballing

my neighbor's hot-tub and resisting an Urge to go stand in it.

When I put on my Trunks and sit in a Mud Puddle I plan to seek Medical Attention

=======

but I digress.......

30min BikeRide,

nothing hurt..

I NEED SOME CHEST DEEP WATER, MAN,,,,,,,,,,,,I'M LOSING IT, I'M LOSING IT!!!!!!!!!!

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

yeah,

sorry about that last part.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

As I suspected, I did  not get my 12 miles done today. I did get my 5 miles done. I felt guilty at first but then reminded myself that it is the season of cutback and recovery and that hopefully it will aid in my quest for my Vulture Bait medal. There is a time goal I must meet to achieve it. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The apartment complex has an outdoor swimming pool. I pass it 2-3 times a day walking the dogs. It's closed 'til May. Walking passed it wearing coat, hat and gloves in 30-40 mph wind.......Cry

Mike E

MM #5615

Does this mean what I think it means?   

That's what I was thinking, too...if we're correct, it's a good thing he had them.

Wild!  Great job!  I really don't think you know how fast you are.  Congratulations.

I went out for 14 miles.  I went 8.1--in 1:00:10--and my hand was frozen, so I went in the house, threw off my clothes...well, most of them...and jumped on the treadmill for the last 6 in 44:21.  Plus, I got to see the Vikings finish their game with a nice win.

Okay--that's it--see ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

That's what I was thinking, too...if we're correct, it's a good thing he had them.x

oh, is that like holly's socks?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Installed a garage door operator today as cross training. Life has it's ups and downs. With a garage door, it's a good thing.

SteveP

Went and recovered my gloves and put them in the wash....but not until I had already bought a new pair...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

King of PhotoShop

You guys are grossing me out on the glove thing.

Okay, I'm home.  Here is the food report: 

Spareribs, can you believe it? (Not as good as twocat's though)

BBQ'd brisket and rolls

cole slaw

potato salad

taquitos

boneless fried chicken pieces and sauces

tossed salad

big fruit platter with grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberries

Bowls of various nachos and sauces

Corona, Shiner Bock and Miller Lite beer

red and white wine, jug stuff I assume

Spirits of every kind

I drank two Shiner Bocks.  Left after the 3rd quarter and home in 30 minutes, then watched the rest of the game on TV.  Spareribs

Sorry Ribs...TMI for you...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Went and recovered my gloves and put them in the wash....but not until I had already bought a new pair...

I've sacrificed my snot rag before, but that time it was trying to relieve pressure then Shocked . . . . fall out.  Not a pretty place to be 3 miles from home in a residential area at 5:00 a.m.

It's been hard to keep up in here, but I want to say congrats to Wildchild on the PR.  And I'll just add that I got in a cold, very muddy 16-mile trail r un yesterday with Karen.  Even got my shoe sucked off in one mud hole.  We managed 4 mph, even with lot so climbing, pee stops, etc.  It was a good run.

And PCTR finally put up their racing calendar for next year.  Offering 25-, 50-, 75-, and 100-mile options next year.  First 75-mile option I've ever heard of.  There are few 100ks (62 miles), but usually it's just 50's, which makes for a big jump to the 100-milers.  Hopefully it's a success.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance