Masters Running

Thursday the 21st of May, merrie May (Read 34 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow, Robin--that is really cool!  You must be really excited to meet him.

rtravers well that pretty much wins the news of the year award!  Just incredible.

I just returned from a conference.  It is one I started 5 years ago and it has become all grown up.  This year's program committee surprised me with a plaque that this year's logo and a list of all the universities that have hosted the conference.  Very sweet.  As to running yesterday was a 7 mile run, today just the elliptical and tomorrow 4.  Then nothing on Saturday and 26.2 on Sunday!  Now I just have to hope the weather holds up.  There is some chance it will rain.  I wonder if I keep chanting "no rain, no rain" over and over if that will help?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

No running here, since training for my new job is eating up every waking hour and loving it.

Robin, wow big news you have to deal with. If you and your sister want to come to my wild west for rest and deal with the issue... we have room and good food to nurture your souls.

Good luck to Twocat on his race Tjus weekend.  Embrace the rain and you will be Ok.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Wow, what a great daily testament to all the fun in our real lives,

especially Robin and twocat following up Mariposai's new fiefdom

and accolades to Steve,  to say nothing of TomS’s five-milers

starting to close in on the 12m/m I chalked up

in last weekend’s Beat-the-Bridge 8K.

As 100 year old Mr. Igarashi told me on the top of Mt. Fuji

in July 1987, "enjoy  yourself, your younger days never come again"

Private message to MikeE - sorry about your post a while back that you’ve never called “cute.” I never thought I’d be called “cute” either again but it happened for the first time in more than sixty years today along with some “adorables,” “sweets,” etc. too, to say nothing of posing for photos for tourists from Oklahoma, New York and other places. 
          ps MikeE- you’re welcome to take my GS to the aquarium, ferris wheel, merry-go-round, etc. anytime you’re out here too  Tomorrow’s the trout fishing pond and then he’s off to other out-of-town relatives before next weekend at the zoo where I’m already anticipating how many “cutes’ there might be. yipppeee

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Erika, that looks like a route the dog and I will take until late Sept/early Oct. Though it's only 10Kish as an out and back, there are lots of creeks so I don't have to carry water for the mutt. Oh and hills too!!!!

Fatozzig, if you did start a cover letter, with highlighting your skill as a non-biter, I'm sure the rest of your resume would be read with interest.

Wow Rtravers!!

Like nancy, the new job is taking up time. like the old one. The new one is not leaving me tapped for the day, yet I still get a good mental and physical work out.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay - Back to the grindstone.  I need to write an "advertising letter" to a couple of entities that I'd like to consider using me for transcription.  I'm not sure how to do this, but I have my business cards to send with it.  I'm not sure how to sell myself.  All my other work has been word of mouth.  We'll see . . .

Later ~

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/write-letter-promoting-business-49853.html      Google can help with anything....

{{{Jlynne}}} - a lot can change, weather-wise, between now and the race.

Robin - wow!

Tet -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

ps MikeE- you’re welcome to take my GS to the aquarium, ferris wheel, merry-go-round, etc. anytime you’re out here too  Tomorrow’s the trout fishing pond and then he’s off to other out-of-town relatives before next weekend at the zoo where I’m already anticipating how many “cutes’ there might be. yipppeee

MikeE has a whole bunch of his own cute grandkids!  Including two sets of twins, who probably get more than their share of cute pictures taken!

Robin -  wow!!!   Let us know how the meeting goes!

Nancy (and Steve) - good luck with the new job!  They hired you guys for a good reason - you're both the best!

Happy racing and running this weekend, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

MikeE has a whole bunch of his own cute grandkids!  Including two sets of twins, who probably get more than their share of cute pictures taken!.

me too about MikeE's cuties. ! I wish he'd bring some of 'em out here, and a few others do the same; all the "cutes' would be used up in one day.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)