Masters Running

Boca PAL Half RR - getting a read on Conditioning ... (Long winded warning) (Read 350 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Bill ...That was a very strong, well paced race. I think you found the right formula for training and it shows big time. Besides the awesome PR and sub 1:45 the best part is " The zip is back and I am feeling confident and looking forward again. " Congratulations! You have a great running season to enjoy! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Nice PR, beer garden, but I was most impressed by the fact that a Young Gorgeous Triathlete asked you if you had a rope, and you ignored the hint and ran off leaving her there--Young, Gorgeous, and Ropeless. Either you are twice the man I am or half the man, I'm not sure which. Dark Horse
      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        Bill, nicely done. Glad to see you've gotten beyond that funk.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I look ahead and there's YGT. She's slowing up a little and I'm gaining. As I expected I did catch her. But she has really run well! She says to me "You got a rope, Bob?" I Wish I did, I tell her. I'd be using it to keep up with her. I'm too tired to tell her I'm not Bob. (Wish I was.)
          So who the hell is this Bob anyways...stealing my name...I'll tell you what...I ain't putting up with it! Wink Seriously Bill you ran a great race, with pretty even splits and a PR too, nothing wrong with that in my book! I would have to agree that you have much more ahead and you'll be knocking some more time off that PR. Hey do they have a Law Enforcement class in this one? Maybe I'll sneak down some year and try it out. Big grin
          coastwalker

Hi Bob Bill, You sure picked the right time and the right race to test your training program! You ran a greta race with rock-steady splits, and earned your new half marathon PR. And it seems like you had a great time along the way, huffing and puffing not withstanding... You must feel terrific about how you ran and what you accomplished, and about your prospects for the full marathon. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Bill! Congratulations on a great race and blasting through one of your goals. I haven't given up on my smokin' dope goal and you better not either, okay? (it's been decriminalized here in the Commonwealth anyway thanks to the last election). I think YGT was overwhelmed by a THFR (Tall, Handsome Fast Runner) and got befuddled on the name thing as she tried to match your strides! You are training so well, running smart and this race helped guage that success. I am so happy for you and always cheering. Thanks for your wonderful report and I can't wait for the next one. CNYrunner
                Nice to read such a good RR from you, Bill. Your satisfaction with your training and performance really comes through, and you obviously had a good time running this one. I think you wrote it while you were still on your "runner's high."

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"