Masters Running

obsessing over Boston. ...over here, Robin! (Read 55 times)

SubDood

I'm still obsessing, but in a healthy way (I think).

What y'all said about throw aways, plus Race Ready Shorts (with the built-in pockets.)

Do you think we can bring along a newspaper, read it on the bus and then use it to sit on at the field in Hopkinton?

HAs anyone been experimenting by running in LL Bean duck boots in the event the weather never changes?

I've got plenty of throw-aways, and I bought a pair of Race Ready shorts on-line yesterday.  Thanks for the tip, AamosY.

I also bought some Gatorade Endurance Formula (powder packets) from TheTriathleteStore. If I understand correctly, it's very similar to regular old Gatorade (same calories, same carbs), but has twice as much sodium and three times as much potassium. I tried it today during a tempo run and tolerated it -- no stomach issues.

The newspaper idea sounds really smart. I may try that. If they take it away, not a big loss.

Does LL Bean make a "minimalist" duck boot?

#artbydmcbride

Accuweather says the weather in Boston on April 21 will be 55 and partly cloudy. 

Runners run

SubDood

Accuweather says the weather in Boston on April 21 will be 55 and partly cloudy. 

... with NW winds of 6 mph! Sweet!

King of PhotoShop

In the Boston "Tips" document I started here years ago, one of them I offered suggested you buy or find in your hotel the Sunday Boston Globe, a huge newspaper, and then you bring along two big leaf bags from home.  When you get to the village, you crumple up each page of the paper into a ball and fill the two leaf bags.  Tie them and lay them end to end on the ground and they make a terrific bed, soft and no moisture.  In the old days of the noon start it was mandatory to have something to lie on before the race.  Spareribs