Masters Running

Sawmill 50k+ Fat Ass report - with pictures (Read 46 times)

Tramps

I always enjoy seeing your race run pics.  Gorgeous country.  Congrats.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

The final results listed 46 participants:

17 mile:  19 started, 1 DNF

34 mile: 27 started, 12 DNF.    9 of the 12 who didn't complete the 34 miles stopped at 17 miles and 3 ran a bit longer (20-25 miles).  Of the 15 crazy people who ran the whole 2nd lap, Nate and I were last, and one other guy was within a few minutes of our time but he started early, so finished before us by the clock.

Results are not on Ultrasignup anymore - the RD decided that since these are Fat Ass runs and not races, he'd just list the results on his website.  http://humanpotentialraces.weebly.com/about.html

Anita Ortiz was first in the 34 miler, and she ran it in 5:56, 44 minutes ahead of the 2nd guy!  We saw her flying down the hill on her 2nd lap when we were plodding up, about mile 14 for us and 20 for her.  If you don't know who she is, Google her.

Here's a picture of me and Nate at 26.2 miles, taken by a hiker who was coming down the trail. Nate wanted to document his first marathon!   That's North Table Mountain in Golden at the right side in the distance.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Still not sure how you manage to run with that kind of scenery around all the time.  I'd either dawdle along or run off a cliff (of which there seem to be plenty) whilst gawking.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Great pics and report!!

I echo what Holly said re I would have been out there at least 2 hours longer.

I've never had the opportunity to participate in an FA, but would love to.  I keep trying to figure out how to get a trail running group going in our area.  I know there are a few ultra runners - and, from what I've heard, they're all WAY better (i.e., faster) than me - and with Karen gone, I'd sure like to find somebody I could hook up and run with once in awhile.  Hmmmmm . . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

....Wildchild has the Most Gorgeous Races///////...............sorry I was late reading this

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....