Masters Running

TGIF Runs Aug 22 (Read 382 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

My friend and I ran 6 hilly miles this morning - it feels good to do hill work again!
    Nice run, Teresa! I'm just the opposite - I ran 6 flat miles today, and it felt so good NOT to be running hills! I was planning to wait till after work, and run in the mountains on the way home. But our internet connection went down at work at about 11:30, so I decided that the heat wasn't too bad and I'd go for a run. It was 79 degrees and sunny, but with a breeze and the usual low humidity here, it felt OK. I carried water with me, and headed out on a trail run in the state park near the office. Total 6 miles in 1:02:45, avg 10:28 pace. Didn't get lost today, like the last time I went there. Cool I tried something new today: took off my shirt and ran in a sports bra. Wow, pretty risque, I know. Big grin I usually figure it's better not to subject others to looking at my 51-year-old stomach. And I'm not fast enough to run by in a blur. But the only folks out on the trail today were bicycling, and they went by in a blur. So my apologies if I offended anyone, but it felt cooler. Hope I didn't sunburn my stomach. Tongue

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

on the way up the hill I got behind him and kept singing "Disco, disco duck....disco, disco duck." Nothing worse than trying to run up a steep hill and having a guy right behind you singing Disco Duck.
      Big grin Big grin
      Unless it's a guy running up a hill behind you trying to sound like Frankie Valli but sounding like disco duck instead......
      Masters 2000 miles
        Hi everyone, Did 10K ez at lunch in very very hot weather. Yesterday I ran 3K warm up then 5X3 minutes at sub 10k pace with one minute jogs in between. 3K cool down. What a gorgeous weekend up ahead... Take care Tall Promise to catch up on posts, probably tomorrow.

Recent Best times: None recently

Been AWOL all week from the boards. I work as a building facilitator and supply person for the Flint Schools and this is my busiest week of the year. I have been working crazy hours getting ready for the school year and not managed a run since Sundays shortened long run. Going into tomorrows 10 mile race on so few hours of sleep and long hours of work all week along with the H&H conditions expected at race time I will probably just have fun and see how the legs loosen up. No big expectations for this one. Had no time to read RA so I will catch up on Sunday if I am not working all day. Hope everyone here is well and running . Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #3309

Carolyn....you were the "hawtest" chick out there today. Sports bra... you could be an American sand volleyball gal....don't under estimate your good looks and body girl fren! 51 is the new 41 ya know!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

King of PhotoShop

Been AWOL all week from the boards. I work as a building facilitator and supply person for the Flint Schools and this is my busiest week of the year. I have been working crazy hours getting ready for the school year and not managed a run since Sundays shortened long run. Going into tomorrows 10 mile race on so few hours of sleep and long hours of work all week along with the H&H conditions expected at race time I will probably just have fun and see how the legs loosen up. No big expectations for this one. Had no time to read RA so I will catch up on Sunday if I am not working all day. Hope everyone here is well and running . Larry
              Larry, it's a tough ten-miler too. We won't hold you to any high standards or PR's. Remember, "Crim doesn't pay." Spareribs
              evanflein

Another night at the gym, this time with DH! Good for him to get back to doing some sort of work out, but I sure hope he didn't over do it. I warmed up with 10 minutes on the elliptical, then worked on the nautilus and free weights for about 40 minutes, mostly super-setting. Showed DH the ball crunch and he thought it was pure torture. Don't know why he never wants to try it at home... I mean, we do have one! Then I did some brisk pool running for 18 minutes, figured that's about 2 miles' worth. Tomorrow's 5k trail race should be fun, but that's about it. I'll get credit for doing the race for the local series, and might place in AG but I'm not going to worry about it. I'll do a warmup and more miles after to get my miles for the day, but really looking forward to having fresh legs for another long hilly run on Sunday! Larry, believe me, all those parents appreciate what you do to get things ready. Even though most have no idea of all the prep work that goes on!
                SteveP

Your run sounds kewl Roy (((((CNY & Family))))) Tramps, the runner I admire most, often does not finish, however, she always shows up and starts. What a night Nono!!! You've been through the mill..Gotta love your attitude. Ribs, you're starting to remind me of me....You may want to re-evaluate your meds. Rest day..

SteveP

As usual, it's nice to catch up on what everyone's doing. nono, you sure had a rough start to Friday. Nice 10 mile run lame. This morning, I struggled through the Crim and will post a report soon. One of the highlights was meeting Dave59, hallar, and marathon derrick. TomS
                      I outran a guy there who was a rival. Driving up in the car the song "Disco Duck" came on the radio and he reached over and shut it off, saying that he hated the song. So on the way up the hill I got behind him and kept singing "Disco, disco duck....disco, disco duck."
                      Yep, Spareribs, that sure is annoying. I prefer a subtler tactic, which I read in Roger Bannister's book. I have mentioned it before. During a race, preferably at a point when everyone is hurting including you, you run up next to someone and say brightly, "Nice day for a run!" The other guy thinks you must not be feeling any pain, so he fades back, and you run off to spread joy somewhere else. It doesn't matter whether it really is a nice day for a run. If it's not a nice day, the guy thinks you're just being ironic. The main thing is to say it as cheerfully as possible, and smile at him. Dark Horse
                      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.