Masters Running

Not really the end: 2.28.16 (Read 45 times)

Mariposai

New Orleans marathon was an absolute blast!!! How can it not be when you have the famous twocat as a company every step of the way. A memorable day, I may say. We ran and roll the whole course. Need a proof? Here it is.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

If you decide to make Holly's prime rib and at any point try to open the door, I am certain she will be there within a blink of any eye bopping you upside the head asking, "What did I tell you???"  

Love the pic of Pose and 2Kitty!!

2Kitty - You made me .  So the bananas did what they were supposed to and encouraged you, huh?

Wild - When I told The Hub about yesterday's "group" run, his comment was, "Well, from now on it sounds like if you ever decide to participate in a group run, you just need to realize you'll be running alone."  

CR - Sorry about the ankle.  Be very nice to it so it heals up quickly.

I'm glad I stopped in here.  I'm transcribing an interview with a young man (22) who admits killing a guy over a pot robbery.  When left alone in the interview, he just starts sobbing as I am certain it is sinking in that he will be going to prison.  I needed the smiles 'cause this stuff can get very depressing . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Glad Posie and 2Cat had so much fun in NO.  That is NOT my attitude for a great deal of either marathon I have run.  Oh wait, they're in shape when they run theirs. 

Prime rib is not my favorite, but that sounds so good and easy, I might have to try it.

Well, I knew my string of good runs was too good to be true.  started out on my long run this morning and managed to trip over a sprinkler head that I've run by hundreds of times, about 3/4 of a mile in.  Hadn't warmed up enough to take off my gloves, so no damage to the hands, but since it was shorts weather, there was minor damage to my knees.  the more worrisome was that my knee that I strained on the last wipeout, hurt like crazy.  I walked it back and things felt better.  a few Advil later, I took a short walk and I don't appear to have done anything serious.

Now, for a change of pace, I'm waiting at Logan to fly back to Philly.  Only three weeks in a row.

hope everyone has a good week.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Colonial Half Marathon 2016 is in the books. Every time I finish this race I say, "I am never running this again." It is the hilliest course in the world.

Congrats on another HM, Rosie!  But "hilliest course in the world?"    Ummm...  I can think of a few that are hillier!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Sorry your work is sometimes a sad downer, Leslie. But then, you're transcribing court cases... not exactly humanity at its finest. Tough though.

Nice job, Twocat! Glad she was there to drag you out. This must have been a big marathon, I have other friends who ran it and posted really good times on Facebook.

Ouch, Stumpy! I will say those things are not something I have to worry about here! A few years ago, I was starting out my last long run before Boston and I'd gotten barely a mile into it when I hit a patch of ice and went down, hard. Didn't know if I could continue or not, but started out gingerly and ended up having a good run. Some colorful bruises but no real damage. Hope yours is the same!

So I headed out for 18 today, and by mile 3 I could tell this was going to be a challenge, if not an outright struggle. Well, it became a struggle after awhile and I cut it short at 16.1, and the last five miles were not pretty. Not sure what happened here, but maybe not paying enough attention to recovery? Who knows. I know I didn't eat much yesterday, even with going out to dinner and cleaning my plate. Just might not have been enough to catch up and prepare for the run. Whatever, I'm still ahead of where I need to be for Green Bay, and met my other goals of 50 mpw and 200 miles for the month. Next week will be a cutback week because of oral surgery on Friday (next SRD).

(Was thinking about Holly's dinner, and with the price per pound of prime rib around here, that 7 lb roast would be pushing $100. Those must be some pretty special friends.....)

SteveP

(((((Leslie))))) Sometimes attempting to detach is a bear.

We got back from FL mid afternoon. The dog went nuts. I didn't even change. The first thing we did is get him out for a few miles. Then we got smothered by grandkids.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

over the years

I have accumulated enough different braces to make another person......

I call him

Renaldo Schmidtmazen.

Twocat - Well done on surviving a marathon with no training!  With Mariposai by your side, I am sure it was a wonderful (if possibly painful) experience.

Rose - Well done on surviving a hilly HM in the heat!

{{{CR, Stumpy, Henrun, and anyone else with owies that I missed}}}

Erika - prime rib usually goes on sale at Christmas and Easter, so we usually buy one then and put it in the freezer.  The one we had this weekend was purchased at $7.99/lb, so about $55. Yes, pretty pricy still, but we only do it about once a year.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."