Masters Running

Tax Day Daily, 4.15.15 (Read 36 times)

Mariposai

What? we have a birthday goddess and no cake?

Happy Birthday Aamos. I can't wait to give you a hug at Boston

Busy, busy day in my life. Planning the Omak Orchards in Bloom has eaten up my life in the last month, but it is all worth it. Plans are coming well and we should have another very successful race.

I am so excited about Boston!!! Speedy Stacey and I are leaving from Omak on Friday, hurrahhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

So... tomorrow must be BlazinCajun's birthday? If so, happy birthday early, Andrew!

Yes, there's definitely a "Boston Buzz" in the air! I don't know if or when I'll ever run it again, but I sure do love the whole "event" feeling of the weekend. From meeting up with friends I don't see nearly often enough, to Robin's Partay, and the awesome course and best crowds evah, there's a lot to love about the Boston Marathon.  Has anyone started a thread of numbers? I don't think I've seen that.

Tselbs, thanks for taking us along on your trip! Love the description of seeing the Pope. I hope that's not the high point though, there's so much to see and do there! I've never been to Italy but really want to go. Would love, love, love a wine tour of some sort. My DS1 went when he was in 5th grade and loved it.

Leslie, I sure hope you get that hamstring problem fixed soon. That's an annoying lingering injury. And yes, sort of a good news/bad news thing on the taxes.

No snow or rain here today (Yay!)... sorry Carolyn. It was 48° or so when I went out and felt pretty good on this run. Good enough to run way too fast  again. Kind of getting better at that but it's kind of hit or miss. On the way back, I was running into a wind. Not real strong, but chilly enough that the backs of my hands got really cold. Fingers were fine, it was the backs of my hands. Almost painful at times. Really weird and very annoying. The traffic was kind of bad at times too. This is a rural road with wide shoulders, but still has lots of fine gravel on the sides that hurt my feet, so I try to run close to the lane for better pavement. And the drivers don't yield an inch! Guys in pickups are the worst, and they drive the fastest. Grrrr. Can't wait till the bike path and trails are dry. Anyhow... 10.6 miles tonight.

SteveP

Amy, You're a delight. I hope your birthday was happy.

Rome, Wow!

I'm working at being happy with two workouts a week as well, MS.

Leslie, can you makeshift a home office for you and Shorty? I'd not be surprised if there were an advantage to that come tax time.

DW, Tag and I hit the trails for a few miles. There's been some selective cutting of standing timber. I understand that it helps other strong trees grow. I've been curious as to the selection process. Unhealthy trees left standing and healthy ash trees dropped. (there are 15 species of wood sold as white oak - at least one of them is ash).  When I saw what I thought was a fine black cherry down and removed, I got a excited.

The wood is gorgeous. And pricey. It turns out the fellas cutting for "personal use" have been selling it. I sincerely hope the fines they've received exceed the money they've made.

If anyone can speak dog, I'd like to know who to tell Tag, "Don't run after bears, Lunkhead!".

SteveP