Masters Running

Wednesday from South WEST Florida 1.28.15 (Read 36 times)

...glad to hear everyone is surviving out there........

==========

30's here but no snow......

30-min bikeride4th gear, hill repeats

26min poolrun with belt, back MUCH better

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AND THE RANT CONTINUES-

told my landlord I would be out of the store in 6-months if it didn't sell

he said ''we've worked together 30-years, I'm fine with whatever you want to do''

........hhhhhhhmmmmmmm, not the reaction I had  expected....

then

talked to a guy with an English Accent who wanted to buy the store for cash (visualisation of a suitcase full of $100 bills)

he said we would

''Explore the opportunity of mutual .......something or other'', I kinda  quit listening after that

''look'' I said,

''let's just be blunt, you make me an offer, I tell you whether I want it or not''

............to quote

a FamousFrench  Runners Club (The Old Guard)  ''Merde''......

and the Beat Goes On

RANT OFF-

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

...good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Looks like I riled up a few folks with my misunderstanding of northeastern geography. Actually I have heard many times of "Western Mass", but never heard it referred to as "Western New England", for example "Western Mass Distance Project" as opposed to "Western New England Distance Project." Whatever the terminology, I hope you are all dug out by now!

Tet, I've also wondered about that line in the fight song, but assume that it refers to the Rose Bowl in California, which has been contested since 1902.

They delivered our stove this afternoon for installation, only to discover that due to various factors it was not going to fit right without some non-trivial reworking of the cutout area  (it was a slide-in replacing an older slide-in). So we had them take it back to Lowes and got our refund and are back to square one in picking out a different model and looking for a tradesman to get an estimate on the required changes to the gas outlet, etc. Nothing's ever simple in home maintenance...

Did a TM workout this morning, then in the afternoon it was such a nice day outside (28F and sunny, no wind) that I joined my DW on one of her uptempo neighborhood walks. I will say that I was a bit worn out by the end!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

It's all good Roch and Tet and others. I think those of us in Western Mass get touchy because of how the money flows in this state especially after the Big Dig. We are still catching up with all the delayed or neglected infrastructure work in favor of funding that went eastward. I get it too....the eastern part of the state is more densely populated too. Of course we're riled up again with talk of Boston hosting the Olympics....

I'd get even more riled up if you thought New York only meant Manhattan! ;-)  The C in my CNY handle stands for Central NY. When folks ask me where I grew up and I say New York State, they then ask where in the City. Uh, about five hours north.....and that's not even the top of the state. I guess we all get protective of our regions and neighborhoods and there is diversity even in tiny states like RI and DE.

All in good fun friends!

Ran 12 miles at noon on one of the county roads that's wide and has a plowed bike path. Great sunshine too!

Awesome photos here and love the finish line story Robin!

Off to San Francisco for work now....."see" y'all on the weekend!

You mean there is a section of New York state beyond Manhattan! I think CNYrunner is just pulling our leg! 

coastwalker it might be time to think about getting the pitch in your roof increased.

Spent all day in class and with students. Translation, I accomplished nothing my employer cares about. Fortunately, tomorrow is another day. A freezing cold day, but another one. How many days until summer? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Howdie Folks.

Another long day in Posie Land which ended with a great board meeting for the Community Action Council.

3 miles of running for me during lunch.

Tomorrow I am planning to make it a beautiful day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I had a good interval workout tonight.

Coach said 12x400m w/1:30 recoveries. at 2:05 target pace.  I had a few splits that were right at 2:05, but otherwise mostly 2:01's and my last 3 were all sub 2:00, with my very last one being a 1:48. I was pleased with that one.

tomorrow is rest! yay!

Tammy

SteveP

Lurking.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Me too, Steve but that doesn’t stop me from posting.
                  Tammy - maybe missing so much training last year wasn’t so bad after all but it’s probably having a coach.  Any marathon plans this year or Seattle running?
                  Karin - all this time I’ve been envisioning you going over to supergrams in a Fifth Avenue high-rise after a run through Central Park and just having the “C” in the wrong place. neat.  Now I won’t forget. 
                  I bet it’s not you as you travel so much but there’s supposed to be some people back there who think “Washington” refers to Washington, DC instead of the real Washington.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

I bet it’s not you as you travel so much but there’s supposed to be some people back there who think “Washington” refers to Washington, DC instead of the real Washington.

Many moons ago, I got on a plane to Washington, DC that had too many passengers on it.  They came through multiple times asking are you going to 'washington'.  After about 20 minutes, all of us but one person were going to washington, dc and that person was going to the state!

in that same time frame, someone got on a plane saying they were going to Idlewild and the flight attendant had no idea where that was, although the pilot knew - the old name for JFK airport...

-one of the old-timers

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

marj - it usd to drive my grade school buddy and me crazy when his mother would insist on calling the Purity Bakery the "California Bakery" which I guess it was until it shut down during the Depression to reopen as the Purity during the War and all my life....  Now, to my kids' great annoyance and rolling of eyes, I gleefully do it all the time, especially for stadium names always changing.  Unfortunately, they're getting to the age where they're starting to do it too.  Sure is fun.  .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)