Masters Running

May: 7th: Thursday: (Read 38 times)

Thursday, May 7th. You guys have me confused on what thread to post on. It has been a while but I have tried to keep up with reading. I am in week 2 of a 12 week half program. I have until July 12th to register for the race so that is a good thing. So far it is going OK but I don't know if I can run long without foot pain. Six miles is the plan for Sunday so will see. I had a 30 minute tempo run tonight and it went well, even through the thunder, lightning and rain. There was just one bolt of lightning but that got my heart racing!

Well, I am off to Orchestra practice now, we are play Beethoven's 5th Symphony among pieces.

Oh, Riley is certainly a cutie, but I cannot say anything about Mike E since I have not met him yet. See ya.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Starr - if it’s the half marathon part of the Frank Meier Marathon on Saturday, July 25 in Juneau that I first ran in 1979 well before there were any half marathon options, you can DOR but the best part is they have $180 RT Seattle-Juneau fares for a while.  It’s almost worthwhile just for the whale-watching and bears feeding on anadromous salmon near Mary's famed falls at the end of their thousand mile migrations back from the ocean feeding grounds. uh oh, gotta to tell ilene.

ps - sorry to say so but whales, salmon, brown bear,

seagulls, and ______  are all cuter than MikeE

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I have no time to post but I wanted to make sure I welcomed Murphy996 to the group.  I really hope you stick around...there are some pretty cool people in here.  And, if you don't understand a word tet says, don't worry...nobody else does either.

Okay--gotta go--see ya!  Oh--we bought a house, yesterday...now, we have two.

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, congrats on the 2nd house!  Are you selling the old one, or becoming a land baron?

Hi, Starr!  I love Beethoven's 5th!  I've met Mike, and he's cute, but not as cute as Riley.

For all of you complaining about the H&H, and the bugs:  it's snowing here.  So shut up.

I'm heading out at Jay o'clock tomorrow for a trip to Bryce Canyon National Park.  Planning to run about 35 miles on Saturday, give or take 10 miles, with my ultra tribe.  The forecast looks like less snow there than here, which is good!  I'll be offline till Monday or Tuesday - hope you all continue to misbehave!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Welcome Murphy and HopesMom!

SteveP as an alternative you could gain lots of weight!  Then few things would weigh more than you! 

Old Fat Guy comin' through!!!!

How's the iron, Ribs?

I told one of my new/former co workers that I did not realise how much I've missed these guys until I came back. The dude got all teary eyed.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

For all of you complaining about the H&H, and the bugs:  it's snowing here.  So shut up.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."