Masters Running

Stagecoach 10K RR (Read 189 times)

DickyG

See? I knew it all along..I predicted a PR a full day before...all you had to do was run it. A PR under those conditions where I'm sure it took you a while to warm up is just fabulous. BTW, your last "mile" actually translates to about a 9:04...very strong considering it was the last mile and you were on a tough part of the course. WTG! DickyG
      Nicely done and congrats on the PR! Good luck at Grants Pass HM.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Thanks Enke, that last mile there is actually the last 1.2 miles
        Embarrassed Ok, I promise to pay attention next time. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy – when the first cold weather arrives in the fall I have to completely re-learn the appropriate layering for my comfort level, and then a whole different layering system for race-pace. I was so cold for my Turkey Trot last year, but after the first mile I was DYING of heat stroke and had to peel off layers while running at top speed – I don’t seem to get it figured out until December... Even if it wasn’t as much of a lead on the last that you thought it would be, it’s still a PR – nice job! When is the Grants Pass HM?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Tammy! Woo hoo, nice PR. Personally, I love those colder temps, but I know they can be a major adjustment. (Did you warm up well beforehand?) Sounds like a good day. Congrats.

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Holly - my HM is on 11/15. I don't think I have a PR in me for that one though. My PR is 1:54 and I did that last October down in the Redwoods. The temps are so ideal there for running and I credit the oxygen rich forest for my PR time. Mid November is sort of a toss up on what to expect for weather. It'll generally be more overcast by then, which means it'll be a tick warmer - maybe low 40's, but rain is unpredictable. But it's a hometown HM (first ever!) with a sweet goodie bag - running gloves, compression long sleeve shirt, and various smaller items. So for only $40, you can't go wrong. Tramps - my warm up wasn't sufficient I'm sure. I sat in my car until about 10 min before the start and then ran around the parking lots for 5 min. Stood in the starting line for 5 minutes, so had probably completely cooled off by the time it started. Not a real good pre-race warm up/strategy. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

with a sweet goodie bag - running gloves, compression long sleeve shirt, and various smaller items. So for only $40, you can't go wrong.
                I need to find some races like this. All I ever get is a cheap water bottle. Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tammy – when the first cold weather arrives in the fall I have to completely re-learn the appropriate layering for my comfort level, and then a whole different layering system for race-pace. I was so cold for my Turkey Trot last year, but after the first mile I was DYING of heat stroke and had to peel off layers while running at top speed – I don’t seem to get it figured out until December...
                  I feel the same way, I have to relearn this every single year! It took me about a half hour to get out tyhe door Saturday. But wait, I'm posting to TAMMY! Hey, way to go! I wish we had those series-type races, where are you now, do you know? Congrats on the PR! and what's wrong with navy and burgundy? I'm thinking that's pretty stylin'......you did sag your pants, cold be damned, right? Roll eyes grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  TammyinGP

http://southernoregonsizzlersrunningclub.org/pages/roty.asp I'm in 2nd in my AG right now with no shot at #1, she is just too far ahead. But the woman who is in 1st, actually moved up to the next AG last month, so next year she won't be my competition, so perhaps then I'll have a shot for #1.

Tammy

nice job Tammy - sounds like a great race despite the cold temps - i am so not looking forward to cold weather!! congrats on your PR!!

denise