Masters Running

Sat 17 May Daily Runs (Read 400 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, welcome home, and nice 19 miler! Perch, nice that you're running with Tory again - I bet he missed you. Munch, glad you're well enough to get out for 10 miles. Enke, terrific job on the trail race! Bill, that's a ridiculously long travel day. Yuck! Did you bring some rum along for the long layovers? Big grin TomS, looking forward to that 5k report. Rambling Tim - that sounds weird to go for an "unexpected 21 miles!" Good job! And you seem awfully interested in that sweet 21 year old - purely helping her with her running, eh? Wink Stumpy, glad your shin's behaving. We'd love to see your DD's prom picture! I went out for 13 hilly miles this afternoon, and boy am I tired! It took 2:31, a minute slower than last time I ran this distance two weeks ago. I hoped it would get easier. Maybe I'm not ready for a half just yet. In the first two miles I went up and over a 300 ft hill and back down about 350 ft. Then I did three laps of a 3-mile loop, that has net 430 ft elevation gain and loss each loop. Then back up and over the big hill on the 2 mile run home. I like the 3 mile loop because the hills are less severe than other loops I can do from home, but by the 3rd lap I was walking some of the hills. The elevation ranges from about 9,000 ft to the high point of 9,600 ft. But the half I was considering in June is also at high altitude, although its more downhill than uphill. Should I sign up? Hmmm.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

3 taper miles. easy. I am getting antsy its time to get it done. Ribs, Nice pup Tom, RR? which race? Enke, great job on a hot and crowded day. wildchild, sounds like you are ready for a 1/2, unless you are planning on winning Wink Good runs everybody Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

Though I've been a lurker, I miss the fellowship and support of the daily. DW and I wanted to be more like the Ribs/Saint household. The dog we were interested in was gone before we got to the rescue shelter though. A whippet was adopted to another home. The other dogs there gave us concern regarding our grandchild. After this week, there should be time for runs. I signed up for an aid station for the Bayshore Marathon next Saturday. I'll only be there from 7:00 AM to 10:00 cause the little one is finally getting Baptised. Sweet!!!! For those at the race, I'll be on Bluff RD and in a black ribbed Batman tank top.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Here she is. Can't believe she's only 17. Shocked eta: resizing and o say her BF is a nice guy, too. just can't claim any credit for him Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, Kevin, your daughter is beautiful!! How do you let her out of the house?? DH is not going to do very well when the boys start calling his baby girl.
            TheSaint

Wow Stumpy, I say lock her up, she's beautiful.