Masters Running

I'm Going To Boston (Read 277 times)

Not the Marathon but almost as good. Indians - Red Sox game Monday Sept. 22nd. My brother's 2 sons are going to Connecticut on family business that weekend so they got tickets to the game for their Dad & favorite uncle Big grin At least 4 Tribe fans will be there. Shocked I've been to Boston twice in the fall went to Pats game in 1985 (? I think) season opener against Packers. I know there's several Red Sox fans on board here so I thought I could make you jealous Big grin Hopefully this is an important game for playoff postions. Cool

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Good for you. You will LOVE seeing Fenway Park and the "Green Monster". It has an atmosphere all of its' own. I AM jealous, but happy for you to get the chance. I have seen a few games at Jacobs field and also from the old Cleveland stadium.....was that Municipal Stadium?....so I have had my day doing the same type of thing. ENJOY!!
      Vista
        Thanks Vista, Yes the old park was Municipal Stadium. Not many seats were fan friendly for baseball or football. Two beautiful parks now. I'm actually located closer to Pittsburgh ( but I'm a Cleveland sports fan) which also has two fantastic parks. 1st I'm a baseball fan cheering for a team just makes it more fun. Oh also rooting against the Yankees makes it more fun Big grin

A friend and I used to take weekend baseball trips. We tried to make them all in the same league AL or NL. We had to look at the schedule to see that all three home teams were in town on the same weekend. It was a great experience and eventually we started using vans to go because others wanted to join in. We would start in Toronto on Friday night for a game, swing over to Detroit for Saturday and then Cleveland for Sunday. A couple of other trips were Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, and Cinncinnati for the three games. Yet another was Kansas City, St. Louis and Cinncinnati. Chicago White Sox, Detroit, and Cleveland. I did a Montreal, Boston, New York trip In most cases your short trip needed to be figured for your Friday night after the game for an afternoon game. Anyway, you mentioned being a baseball fan, which is what I am. I LIKE the Red Sox because I grew up in New England, but I will watch ANY game.
          Vista
            WOW! Vista baseball weekends sound great Smile Did several Pirate weekends when I was a kid cause my Dad grew up in Pittsburgh. Wife & I have done baseball weekends in Toronto & Cincinnati several years ago. I would like to do Detroit, Chicago & St. Louis, I was a Cardinal fan 1964-1969 and still am to some degree. Vista as a baseball fan you might appreciate my article in Road Runners Club of America website, to go resources then footnotes 03/2008 page 8.

#artbydmcbride

If you like lots of attention, wear a NY Yankees hat when you go. Yes

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If you like lots of attention, wear a NY Yankees hat when you go. Yes
                ...and watch out for the red-tailed hawk. He's trained to attack anything in navy blue with a white "NY" on it! Big grin
                  Being a baseball fan, you are going to enjoy Fenway. Day or night game? Make a point of exploring the park and especially walk up the runway directly behind home plate...awesome view! Also, bring lots of money as everything including parking is toooo expensive. Enjoy! Fran
                    Thanks for the article. That is good stuff. Good old Yogi. I met him only once......at Montreal when he was coaching with the Astros. As a Red Sox fan I certainly remember him back in the playing days when he was always a threat to come up with the big play. Of course, as you mentioned his sayings are what most remember but the man could flat out play. He certainly helped the career of Whitey Ford and others.. One more of his sayings......."Half the things I said, I never said"
                    Vista
                      have a great time when you come to Boston!! i haven't been to a Sox game in ages -- should put that on my list of things to do!!

denise

Not the Marathon but almost as good. Indians - Red Sox game Monday Sept. 22nd. Hopefully this is an important game for playoff postions. Cool
                        OR not. Every game is important in some way. Yes Yes, I am jealous (see green icon, for jealousy). DO NOT wear a Yanke$$ hat, whazzup with that lame advice? You are fortunate enough to have tickets to a home game at Fenway--why would you want to do anything other than be part of RS Nation? Go early--the park opens early and everyone gathers to try and see the the players arrive (try Ipswich St.) and just have fun. Where are you sitting? It's true everything's spendy, but you can bring yer own peanuts, etc. Can you park outside the city and take the T in, say from Riverside? That will save you a tidy sum and give you some peace of mind (have you seen how they pile the cars into those parking lots??) Best of all you have months to anticipate it, ahhhh......yup, officially jealous. grins and a doff of my navy blue hat with the special B! A.
                        Masters 2000 miles