Masters Running

Running on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and National Thesaurus Day (Read 35 times)

Mariposai

MLK Day. I am reflecting on where we were and where we are. We have a ways to go. Race. It is a complicated topic for our country. I spent a year at William and Mary studying this.  I have some book-learning but, not the life experiences.  I wish MLK would not have been assassinated. I believe we would be in a better place.

MLK day   is also a day for me to see where we were and where we are...

YEs...we have ways to go...

Believe me  ...I humbly work in the trenches...

There is still so much work to be done.

I learned a lot  about wolf pack and safety of back country skiing. We sure had fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I have had many conversations with the mom about various times when her daughters were treated differently because of color.  Some of you may remember that lovely NE lady who used to post here who had adopted a Chinese child, and she told of schoolchildren taunting her child on the playground.  We still have a ways to go..

very well I do remember, and so sad but true for not only the kids

but the parents too who can only hope that growing up with it

makes it easier to deal with as an adult but I doubt it.

Posie - i've been surrounded by wolves north of erika-land

but don't know anyone who's seen any sign in Washington state,

or the giant mountain lion tracks in zigalina-land,

catcher of the great river fish in SA.

great forum for pretend biologists.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Good that you take care of Leonidas, RCG, even if you are stretching his limits. I saw a video on FB just a week or two ago of a teacher asking her (white) students if they see how black people are treated in their community. She then asked how many of the students would want to be treated like that - no one raised their hand. Yes, we have a ways to go.

Brilliant.

Erika, ear drops may be more difficult than baptizing the poor kitty. They hippy stores out our way sell ear candles. However, I don't think that would be any easier.

1.5 in the driveway with a snowblower. DS had the day off of work. After I cooled off quite a bit, he and I had a little talk. We'll see what the future brings. DW was concerned about me being harsh. He works full time and is still in school, and I admire that. Before he moved back in, sweat equity was flat out stated in exchange for cheap rent and 3 squares.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

It was 0 degrees this morning and I ran 1 mile on the track at the Y this morning to earn my first MMTD.

Starr, technically you have to run outside in the quoted temperature to earn the MMTD award......otherwise you have to use the temperature inside the Y.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Is the track at the Y inside or outside?  Our rec. center has a sort of track outside in addition to the one inside.  The mystery continues...

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

OK Holly, sorry about that. It IS an inside track so no MMTD for me

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich