Masters Running

Simply Saturday daily 4.12.14 (Read 40 times)

TammyinGP

enjoy date #3 enke!!  and remember - The Ave is all about the fun, not times.

congrats mari and Daniel! What a fun wknd and race you had!

Ran my 8th consecutive year of the Pear Blossom 10 miler. with my lack of quality training and not much in terms of longer distances, my goal today was to have fun from start to finish and I did! I think I should go into more races w/o time goals and just focus on fun, because this was the most fun Pear I've had in all 8 yrs of running it. took it an easy pace of 9:40's or so. Saw so many friends and running acquaintances out on the course and just really enjoyed trying to spot people I knew. I was almost always running with someone I knew, or someone that I got to know like the young middle schooler running his first Pear Blossom. We ran for about 1.5 miles together. I was happy that when I got down to my last couple  miles I decided to see what I had left and knocked down the pace to a 9:17 and then finished on an 8:45. Not a PR but not a PW either. finished 19/62 in my AG with a time of 1:36.

And David says he wants to run about 5-6 tomorrow. sure, why not!

Tammy

evanflein

Parts of C-R's post tells me he might've been touch typing on an iPad... Nice job on the BQ, Norm! That's an awesome time!

Nice racing, Mariposai and Daniel! How fun to race together like that. You, CNYrunner, Tamster and C-R have some great mom/dad and kid runs. Oh, and of course, Mike E sure loves running with Ryan, right? Cool stuff, and yes I'm a wee bit envious.

Paul is doing well to be running so well after his marathon. Still loving that excellent description and those photos from the race you posted. Thanks for doing that.

Holly, I don't see how you morning runners can do it! When I was in Memphis, I could've gotten up early and run Monday and Tuesday, but I just couldn't bring myself to drag my butt out of that warm comfy bed. But yes, it is easy for the day to "get away from you." That's kind of what happened to me today, but I still got out for a short run. I hope your foot is better soon. I don't think I've ever been ahead of you in mileage before....

So yes, today warmed up a bit to the low 40's. After being gone for so long this week, I just had to do some home care this morning, and some shopping. By the time I got out to run, I really only had a short time because we had a date tonight. So, when you're short on time, decrease the distance and increase the intensity! I ran a 4.2 mile fartlek run, with fast bits of .1 to .2 mile in length, and pace down to almost mile race pace. Overall 4.2 miles with miles 2, 3 and 4 all at about 7:37 pace.

We went to our local light opera performance of "Rent" tonight. I saw it in Seattle November 2012 and loved it. Tonight's performance was amazing, considering these were all volunteer performers pulled from the talent pool of our small town. I'm always impressed by the level of talent here, and was especially surprised by the quality singing from the young men in the cast. Very good performance.