Masters Running

Thu Jan 24 Masters Runs (Read 649 times)

I think I love intervals.
    That's...just...wrong! Smile

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

8.5mi smiling 7:46 pace here, practice with me for tonight's movie: "deena, you're a wonderful, graceful, intelligent and very hot runner babe; we love you!!! run deena run!!!" speaking of hot babes: heart rate 167 for the last mile today, just for enke.
        Horse listed as main course thanks to advertising error AKRON, Mich. -- Kristen DeGroat just wanted to sell her horse to another equestrian, but her ad ended up under "Good Things to Eat" in the classified sections of two newspapers. The ads attracted a lot of interest. About a third of the 60 or so calls she received were from people looking for horse meat. --ASSOCIATED PRESS grrr Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          5 mile progression run this morning with an average 7:32 pace...starting to get easier...
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          mustang sally

Bad faerie

Horse listed as main course thanks to advertising error
            Lemme at 'em. Track tonight, assuming that I don't come down with whatever plagued DD and her stomach last night. All night. *sigh*
            dg.

very zippy, Gordon! and mc, & Lou, ... & nice runs everybody. running out of time. {{{Tim}}} ( & thanks ) {{{Bill}}} {{{Tim}}} .. I thought racoon was the new white meat. pilates workout 2 this morning, then a few of the pt exercises I've been slacking on. yoga last night. heh. if hr is the key, then hot is me. Wink

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

heh. if hr is the key, then hot is me. Wink
                Ha! That'd be me too I guess! Speaking of which - I hope Garmin gets my 305 to me by tomorrow. Does anyone know how they ship their items - UPS - FedEx - DHL??? I'm anxiously watching for one of them to pull in . . . . ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

heart rate 167 for the last mile today
                  Glad to see you finally got that HR up. Solarmix 8 was my companion yesterday on the hills. Thumbs up. I'm resting today. Looks like we are hitting critical mass for Eugene. Can't wait.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

77 vicarious miles and it is only noon today. Great job everyone keep it up!
                    seemomgo

Waiting for temps to reach over 15 this moring before I strike out for a run - otherwise it's me and my treadmill having our bonding time again.... Spent the morning looking for Seegirlgo's lost cell phone. Ack! I hate it when things get lost. I need to decompress a bit before she gets home from school. She lost it three days ago!!! She only told me this morning. Stuff like that really sets me off. I am not so mad about the cell phone as I am about the forgetting to tell me. Breathe in...breathe out....breathe in.....breathe out....... Off to see the movie tonight also. I typically do not go to movies (I hate theaters) - but I am excited to see this movie! Enjoy the day everyone.
                      TammyinGP

Glad I went back and read the rest of yesterday's daily. All that chatting I did and Steve focuses in on one small statement "I have a pair of tights" Tongue Got in a nice 6 mile TM run last night and about 25 min of yoga/abs/pushups afterwards. Today is a rest day from running.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika – re your comment on the 40/40 thread – I’m not doing back-to-back 20-milers. They’re 2 weeks apart. I decided to go for it, re the 2 extra marathons, so I figured I better throw in a couple extra 20s instead of 18s. If I train carefully, get lots of rest, and limit the speedwork (where injury happens most often), I think it will be okay.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sandi Sue

Big grin Yesterday I got my PT's approval to start running again after a month of no running. I ran 1 min then walked for 4 for 30 minutes with a 5 minute w/u and a 5 minute cooldown (total 5 whole minutes of running). It's so hard to start over safely. Oh well, at least I'm running. Yeah! The great part about it was that it was 19F today, clear skies and full moon this AM. Really, you can't get any better than that.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Dang Holly. Sounds like we have another Maniac in the making ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Afternoon all, Some great running out there and some painful ones too. So sorry Tim...scary stuff and thanks for the warning. Yikes, not to be messed with... Lou, your speed workout splits are a thing of beauty. I echo what the good Doctor said. That's what I was supposed to be aiming for earlier this week. Great example and good running. Sorry about the blahs for those who are feeling that today. I had a morning meeting at BC High School in Boston and just got back to the office (at home---waved to the Citgo sign as I left Boston). It's a no running day for me, but I am sorely tempted to do a few miles to blow off some steam. I have been chanting my Deena Kastor mantra for days now. I am going to the Hartford Marathon Foundation's screening of the movie (in Manchester, CT) and my adrenaline is already pumping. What a goober I am. Bear in mind that I cried when Joan Benoit Samuelson entered the stadium during the Olympics and I hadn't even run a marathon yet. I was also lucky enough to be at the Winter Olympics in 1980 and was at a certain hockey game----I get pumped at this stuff! Last year I volunteered at the Boston Marathon (water stop 12) primarily so I could see Deena and company run (er, fly) by me. It was all I could do not to melt down as I saw the lead pack approaching. Thank goodness they have their own water bottles set up, beacuse I was absolutely useless when the elites flew by. Even though she didn't have her best race, she had me in her thrall. That's it!...off to lace up my shoes and grab a couple miles before the school bus arrives. CNYrunner P.S. Holly,You are rockin' and I also agree with PDR! Great news Sandi Sue----being out there is the key!