Masters Running

Old Fashioned Days 5K RR and Huge PR? (Read 201 times)

Way to go Mary! Not only are you gaining on me in the bunny race but now you are gaining on me in the speed catagory also. Hopefully some day we will meet at a race and have it out on the roads. Wink Nice race and a great PR Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

huskydon

Congratulations! Wow, that is a big improvement in your PR, that is really good! huskydon

Marathon Maniac #3309

Sorry Mary, just got around to reading about your race. Great job on your huge PR and age group placement. But as others have said, you have been putting in the miles and running well. I also like to hear about what goes on insides runners minds during hard effort racing. Again Mary....well done Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Very well done! (What color are those Mizuno's?) Spareribs
          My question exactly! ---if you answered already, I'll catch it when I read the rest of the posts. Sounds as if you were stylin'....and check out Brooks Tangents--they come in pink (ask LaVita!) You hit that PR out of the park, way to run, Mary! And as for the AG thing--well, you'll take 1st next year. Just keep running on! hugh grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ah - I'll have to check out those Brook's Tangents!! Wink My Mizuno's are white with teal accents. Thanks for all your support and kind words everyone!! Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice racing, hopeful. You sure took care of that old PR and did it on a tough course. Congratulations. TomS
                Mary, Congratulations on continuing to lower your PR. Very impressive. You continue to improve race in race out. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary - congratulations on such a huge PR and your 3rd AG placement - well done!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."