Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.17.15 (Read 32 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

10.5 snowy trail miles in Golden Gate Canyon State Park with 4 of my ultra friends.  It was cold and windy and fun!  I wore a pair of Kahtoola Microspikes that I just bought on the advice of several friends, and they worked great!  Much sturdier than yaktrax and better grip than screw shoes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TW--isn't there a quote that's something like Big Business know the cost of everything, but not the value.?  So maybe not effective, but probably very satisfying.

.........I'm going to have this put on a t-shirt.......

thank stumpy, and thanks guys.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Stumpy, I like that phrase. Very true in so many situations.

7.5 miles for me today, back on the bike paths where the footing is good. Temps were only about 11° or 12° which is still really (really) nice for mid-January here but colder than we've had the last couple of weeks. I've turned into such a wienie.... I almost considered the treadmill this morning when I saw it was only 2° at 9 a.m. Especially when it's so much warmer at our house (over 20°Wink, but then I'd have to run hills. And I've turned into a wienie about hills too.   Good grief, somebody slap me! Anyhow, it was a pretty good run even though my legs had no sproink and my face got cold.

Going to hockey tonight, second game of the Alaska Airlines Governors' Cup series, UA-Fairbanks vs UA-Anchorage rivalry. UAA won last night so UAF better step it up tonight.

Mariposai

Enjoy your hocky game, Erika. Keep inspiring us with your running.

Holly, good to hear that you are resting your knees. Good luck with your long run tomorrow. Holly, it would be a sin not to go to see Spareribs. An hour away, you can run there.

Great to see Hemeracalluss here today.

Wildchild, amazing that you can run on trail during the winter months.

Tetsujin, my papa Pilo sent to you his love.

I have no room to complain about my weather today. 32 and snowing hard. 9 miles, most of which with my rocking RP.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I came pretty close.  But I did have to go back and look it up.  Credit Oscar Wilde if you put it on a Shirt, TW. .  And it was "Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”   Guess it still works.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

I did 10 miles in 1:19:16.  It was 37o...but the 20 mph headwind on the way back was tough on my old wimpy hands.

I wish I could help you with your problem, tw...but I know nothing about buying and selling businesses.  I do know, though, that the owners of the big home builder I used to work for were offered 350 million dollars for theirs and they turned it down...2 years later the company shut down.  It has to be a hard decision.

I sent Larva her training plan...I'm trying something different with her...I hope it works.

Okay--gotta go--see ya!

TW - I echo what others have said and continue to wish you the best of luck.

I got in my 13 today at Headwaters and am VERY happy to say that I cut almost 3 min off my time on the 2-mile downhill.  I ran my freaking butt off, telling myself that I had to get down in no less than 20 minutes or DNF.   Once I hit the bottom, though, I was done.  I had failed to prepare appropriately calorie-wise, and basically I used up everything.  It also didn't help that it was really humid.  By the time I got done, I was so soaking wet, you'd think I'd run in the rain.

The final 3 miles were pretty slow, and I finished the 13 miles in 3:27.  Tonight my legs are very tired and I'm hungry like every two hours.  Considering my heart wasn't in the run for about the first 2-3 miles, I ended up having a good day.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow's rest day.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tom - wanna franchise over in Japan? 
                  Mikemp and I’ll be your first customers.
                  Unfortunately, the blessed sponsors of our short and longer stays, respectively, in Japan don’t know we like to run on the weekends and we had to reschedule a little run of eight-plus laps planned around the Imperial Palace (42.195 km) as we did together in 2009 until another trip, maybe in August. Anyone else wanna join us in a Mt. Fuji Ascent/Descent Marathon with a cutoff of 16 hours? (or 20, if that's how long it takes me this time). I think Jay needs to RW a marathon sometime if not already done.
                  Tell Papa Pilo his U.S. bro sends him love and speedy recovery to come up to the States sometime too.
                  Whew, I’m glad starr’s post on the Packers winning wasn’t about this weekend’s game so maybe the Seahawks won’t be victims to the Packers replacing America’s Team as America’s Team after all but I’d be surprised.  Hey MikeE, since you were born over here before you were born, how come it's Sunday night and I still don't know the score, as if I ever did.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey MikeE, since you were born over here before you were born, how come it's Sunday night and I still don't know the score, as if I ever did.

I don't know, tet...I've wondered about that many times, too...