Masters Running

Saturday's Daily 3.22.14 (Read 43 times)

Tammy, congratulations to your son.  You have every right to be proud of him.  rhoon, "hi", Dr Robin, great pictures of the Boston Gorilla, the statues, and you with your RP.  C-R, great half, beating your goal and being 3rd in AG.

This morning, it was in the low 30s in Ludington and there was some wind.  I got in 3 miles at an 11:33 pace.  Now, it's nice to be back home.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Robin - great pictures!

C-R - Well done!

Ribs - DS and I huddled inside by the patio door while DH worked in the tree with the chainsaw.  I was so sure an emergency room was in our future, but he managed to finish without injury.  Of course, the rest of us didn't want him to touch that tree, which gives nice shade to the deck, but he was the one with the chainsaw....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My moto is, never argue with a man holding a chainsaw.

I will join the chorus...congrats to David!

DIvechief......LOL.

I had a sproinky 4 mile tempo run.  Didn't even feel like going out there - was hungry and tired, but the weather was nice, and I do after all, have a HM coming up sooner than I'd like.  9:48 / 10:20 / 9:36 / 9:10.  Not bad on that last mile.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

DIvechief......LOL.

Yeah--I laughed at that one, too.

I ran 2 miles on the treadmill, tonight.  I never run the day before a race but I thought I'd see if it makes any difference.  My race, tomorrow, will be brutal.  It's part of our team racing circuit so all the fast guys come out and rip up the course.  Our team used to be one of the top masters teams but we've fallen off a bit over the last few years.  In fact, this year, they have two divisions...and we were put in the lower division...I don't like that.  Anyway--8K of pure misery.  Oh--and it's supposed to be 6o in the morning and--hopefully--warming up to 20o by the start of the race at 1:20.  And, of course, there will be that dreaded windchill factor.  Am I complaining, again?  I have become the biggest whiner in the world...well, maybe not the whole world...and I'm really not very big...okay--I'll shut up.

See ya tomorrow!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dave - thanks.

Being in no shape to run for 12 hours, I was hoping to walk 10 laps for 32.0 miles but, just like my experiement in walking the two mountains in the White River 50 mile endurance run in 2006 prevented another DQ, I got to see the the "hill" sign 13 times, a lifetime 12-hr PR at age 70 (41.8 miles vs. 40 miles aout five years ago). Too bad it took me so long to realize that a regular runner can enjoy 12-hour runs too, especially if you walk. Smile

Robert SLR was working the start getting us off to a good day, but he had a cane and didn't run.

I missed him lapping me again and again as in past runs.

./
            .  Mikemp surprised me by easing up next to me on the second lap but, unlke everyone else, he did''t keep going by but got me off to a great start by walking the entire lap which he checked out on his gremlin at 15m/m so I knew I was going to do well if I could just keep it up, . . . and, somehow, I did.

However, for some reason, I may just go for the meet-up with my 83-yo IM mentor Dr. Fank Feman and Duathlon Sylvia at the start of Sunday's Mercer Island Half Mary.  I couldn't be happier about being too tired to run it  though.  Hope you can do the Dizzy Daze some day.

Mike and I had a good laugh at the hill sign, and me every lap thereafter.  The RD's are great.  It was sunny all day long but Matt had a chalk arrow aiming right through the only remnant mud puddle over by the mini golf course. I went through it every time in my thongs to be the only one with muddy calves.  what great fun it was.

mikemp - arigatou.

ps - how did you get the photo.

Did I  miss you?

I hope not.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations tet!

Maniac 505

Tet: You didn't miss me,  I'm working this week.  I stole the picture from Matt's facebook post.