Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.21.15 (Read 35 times)

[[[[deez]]]...........I think the country has lost it's mind sometimes......

.......dave//..........What a Beautiful Baby.............don't want anymore, but I AM jealous.

and

Mike is a dope......

=================

ok, got that out of the way......

opened up

a Big Ol' Can of Scroot today

and

biked and poolran

30-min bikeride, one gear, hill repeats

36-min poolrun WITH belt, but ''ran'' the shallow end

all that's left is a Hot Bath and a TENS treatment

.........Life is Good........

............................good running guys.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

fatozzig, happy birthday to your husband.  Dave, great picture of your youngest grand daughter.  deez, what a tragedy.  My heart goes out to the doctor's family and all associated with him.

Nice long runs for mari (with husband) and wild.

This morning, it was in the low 20s, there was a light wind, and a little ice.  I did 5 miles at an 11:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I believe some introductions are in order.  Mike E meet StubHub (http://www.stubhub.com/all-tickets/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAuf2lBRDW07y3z6f96awBEiQA0IngJqUXWYW3i4pxxwscxOeoXrQuwnV07w02lLaIkuaBC-waAvTy8P8HAQ&creative=42698896630&keyword=10115844_c&gcid=C12289x486).  StubHub this is Mike E.  StubHub I think Mike E is a pretty decent guy.  He just has these tickets for a concert on a particular date and would like to possibly switch to another date.  Do you think you can help him out?  Yes!  Great news!    I did check and this is a one night gig in Minneapolis.  But he is touring so perhaps another date in another city would work out better.

evanflein getting my mind set to do something is more or less just like being dropped out in the middle of nowhere and having to run home.    While not the most convenient mental disorder to have in many cases, it has served me well at times!  Now, where is that paper I really want to get done . . .

Today was a no run and as it turned out no elliptical day either.  Just a teach and get home to minister to a DW with a head cold.  So, as the duck says, Th . . th . . th . . that's all folks!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

That's, actually, not a bad idea, Twocat.  However...Ryan is talking about moving out to Portland, OR in June...another long story...

Anyway...I did 10 miles tonight--1.5 in 11:27--7 miles in 46:46--and 1.5 miles in 11:50.  Total 10 miles in 1:10:00.

Okay--gotta go--see ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

My awesome evening - I got to spend it with Spareribs - what a great time!  You are a fabulous man and I feel blessed to know you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Aaawwww, Holly, you made his day! Just look at that smile.

What a tragedy at the hospital, Deez. Everyone must be traumatized, so senseless.

Belated birthday to Enke, what door are you on now? I admire you for opening those doors, girl.

MikeE, I could be persuaded to buy your Billy Joel tickets, I didn't know he was coming to Target Center. You are not a dope, but maybe need a calendar app for your phone.

Two cat, hope your DW gets better soon, there is a lot of crud going around.

tomwhite, what is Scroot?

Tammy, I love your training plans, how fun!

Dave, she is sure a cutie!

aamos, so glad that you are back running marathons. You have made a good comeback so far. Why did you change your foot strike anyway? I must have missed that.

Oh, I have a 910XT too. I had a Garmin 201 for 9 years before I misplaced it ( found it a few months later). I like that it attaches to my bike too, but don't like the extra height the wrist mount adds. It actually gave me a bruise after the half I ran. The swimming feature is kinda cool too but have not used that very much. I am tempted to get a smaller basic Garmin just for running.

I got to the Y last night and warmed up on the TM for 10 minutes, ugh! This is the 3rd time doing weights since Thursday. Afterwards I ran 1 ½ miles on the track (12 laps to a mile). Much better than the TM, so much easier to focus. I had some podcasts on my iphone. Doug mentioned a few he listens too last month so now I love "Wait Wait,,, Don't Tell Me", now I need to start "This American Life". I also listen to The Dave Ramsey Show but a little of him goes a long way.

Tonight I went to the Y intending to run on the track then swim a few laps. I wasted a half hour since I forgot my shoes. I was already parked and in the locker room. I decided to go to the cardio combo class at 5:30. It was a good class, perfect for rehabbing my foot and we got to run laps between sets. I even had time for 6 laps in the pool, a first for quite some time.

good night everyone, enjoy the gift!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

However...Ryan is talking about moving out to Portland, OR in June...another long story...

The Portland area is beautiful and has a great running community, especially a trail running community.  Maybe he could be convinced to come over to the Dark Side . . . . .

Great pic of Ribs and Holly . . . but holy moly!  Did you see those fries?!??

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Portland is a great place to be and the PNW runners will welcome the opportunity to have you back this way more often.

I am so happy to see that Spareribs and Holly did meet up tonight. Two wonderful people in this running group.

Twocat, here is wishing your DW a speed recovery. I got the crud in the plane two weeks ago and I am still under the weather, sort of.

Denise, I am so sorry to hear about the tragedy at your hospital.

Tetsujin, hippo or not, we are just so happy to hear you are having the time of your life.

dave, I am so glad you shared the princess's picture!!!!!!! She is adorable.

Running, yes, I did get to the gym for an 8 miler tonight since the roads are very icy and not safe for running. I did fit in a speedy mile every other mile and mighty happy with the results..

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

holy moly!  Did you see those fries?!??

Shhhhhhh.......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Yes, it was a great time and so nice of Holly to drive out of her way to visit me. Life is a nuisance on the road, but this was a great respite from the drudgery.  Thank you Holly.