Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 11/18/12 (Read 244 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run 40 miles/week or more. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard...

Here’s what I have for last week’s tally. 

Who

Miles

Commentary

Fortunate One

Taper time

C-R

HTFU!  (:

Mike E

And he’s in!

IBleedUnionBlue

Nice LR!

Opie

Free Pass

Holly

15K race – 1st AG!

Here’s my tentative plan for the week. 

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

0 miles

0 miles

Weights and core

Tuesday

4-6 miles

4.5 miles

Easy pace

Wednesday

4-6 miles

8 miles

Easy pace

Thursday

4-6 miles

4.15 miles

Easy pace

Friday

0 miles

0 miles

Weights and core Nada

Saturday

1-2 miles

2 miles

With striders

Sunday

26.2 miles

26.2 miles

Flying Monkey Marathon

Total

44.9 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

boy, for a moment, I thought you were making it a little easier for some of the less accomplished runners.  Big grin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

boy, for a moment, I thought you were making it a little easier for some of the less accomplished runners.  Big grin

+1 

Marathon Maniac #957

Just didn't have my reading glasses on.....Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Back in the groove...

Day..........................Plan.................................................................................Actual

Monday.................4 mi. easy + 6 strides.................................................done-4.4

Tuesday...............6 mi. MP.........................................................................done-6

Wednesday.........6 mi. easy......................................................................done-6

Thursday.............6 mi. easy + 6 strides...................skipped the strides so 6

Friday...................About an hour XT like a bike ride or rest........13 mi. bike ride

Saturday.............17 miles with the last 7 @MP.............................................13.9

Sunday................6 mi. easy............................Easy 3.6 + Tempo 2.3 + Easy 0.9

Total...................about 46 miles....................................................................42.9

Have fun, Monkey Marathoners!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

I'll be traveling next Sunday (to Arizona).  With 2 days off this week, I won't "come really close."  So I guess it's "Hasta la vista."  Good luck to all at Flying Monkey.

MM #7877

Need  a pass. Was tired & sluggish so I limited miles. 21 miles this week.

Philippians 4:13.