Masters Running

Saturday 6/15 Daily (Read 43 times)

Hey folks.  Hope you've got a good weekend ahead.

Not as hot this morning and the humidity was lower, making a nice difference.  It definitely contributed to the sproinky 14-miler.

Good luck to the racers!

06/15 wildchild - Bighorn Mountain Trail 50k, Dayton, WY

06/15 pfriese - Lionheart Half Marathon, Woodward OK

06/16 Ileneforward - Train 4 Autism 10k, Culver City CA

...mornin' tramps//////

==========

28min poolrun with drag

strangely,

if I show up and all the lanes are full, the LifeGuards will open another lane for me.

I THINK this is a Good Thing.

or

possibly I have a Reputation as A Biter....

..................good running guys......

......DD2 taking me out to lunch, and Claire waiting for me to get back from lunch..........

Life is Good

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Go racers go!!!

Spronky Tramps, enjoy your good weather today.

TomW, you just reminded me that the city pool is now open. I should be adding some swimming to my workout list.

Well, I did the Jay today and I woke up at 4:30 to make breakfast for my son Daniel who is running his first ultra trails 50k today with his running friend Brandon. I think I created a monster Clown. Now between his first marathon a month ago and today they ran only one 10 mile run.  I think my family is hanging out with Tetsujin too much (and we love it).

No running for me today, but I did go to the woods yesterday for a 20 miler. Gorgeous weather, beautiful wildflowers. The run was tougher than it needed to be because I forgot my shot blocks at home, so all I had was Nuun water for 4 hours (I did find one piece of block in the car, which I ate at about mile 14). I think I need to start keeping some extra shot blocks in the car for emergency.

Now it is time to cross train by pulling weeds for a couple of hours, then off to the Art in the park event, then to a wedding.

Go Erika go!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Was going to race today, had my money out, directions to the site, alarm set and all.  At 5 a.m. I heard the crash of thunder, the room lit up from the lightning and that was enough for me to turn off the alarm and go back to sleep. No race.

So I went over to the park and ran a tenK by myself at an easy pace. A 30 mile week, still in a slump.  Next week I am home and maybe get in some more work.  Spareribs

Paul, hope the weather wasn't too bad up at Woodward.  Looks like on Wunderground it might have missed you.

Met an old friend at Lake Hefner and we went for a bike ride.  28.6 miles, one of my longer rides, and we got soaked at one point but otherwise it was fun.  I think it was similar to about a 12-mile run but of course using different muscles.

"We are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect.  But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence.  I am not remotely interested in just being good."  Vince Lombardi

5.1 mile trail run with the club.  I wish I had had time to do the 7.5 miles route, but gotta get going to that indoor waterpark.  Wouldn't you know it, fantastic weather this weekend, sunny and will get up close to 80 today and tomorrow.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

6 miles this morning with the Dutch Mother's Runners giving me 41 miles for the week...tomorrow trying to run for 3 hours...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Nice long runs for Mike, Tramps, and mari.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 50s and there was a little wind.  I got in 8 miles at a 10:37 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomjS

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yes!  Go racers!

Nice that you got some good weather for a good run, Tramps.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch, tomwhite.

Good luck to Daniel!  I can't imagine going into a 50k with such little training.  He's got guts, that's for sure.

No wonder you're called the "wise one" Ribs.  Lightning and races don't mix.

Nice bike ride, Opie.

Have fun at the waterpark Enke!  Maybe, since it's so nice out, you'll have the place to yourselves.  Otherwise...drinking a lot helps.

Nice week of running lynden.

10 miles at a 10:37 pace ain't too shabby, Tom.  Nice job.

Well, today I wanted to get my dreaded speed workout done.  So, Ryan and I ran 3 miles (in 22:21) up to the middle school track and did 10 x 800 meters with 400 meters @ 3:00 after each.  The plan was to go under 3:00 with each but I really wanted 2:55.  With Ryan pacing me, they went like this: 2:47-2:50-2:49-2:50-2:50-2:51-2:50-2:51-2:51-2:47.  Then we ran 3 miles back home (in 22:39).  MILRWTK!

Okay--that's it for now.   DW and I are going to a grad party then out to eat.  See ya!

Finished 1st AG at Lions Heart Half Marathon - Woodward, OK in 2:03:11 this morning.

I had to leave the house at 4:00am to get there to register at 6:30am for a race start at 7:30am. It was 78 when I arrived in Woodward, then it started sprinkling cooling it down to 77 for the race start. About 15 minutes before the race evryday found me, so we got in a quick visit before the race. A very nice route on rolling hills out to Boiling Springs State Park and back. The sun came out around mile 10 and that where I faded (heat & humidity; I love it).  I knew a sub 2 hour half marathon goal was toast at that point. Temperature at the finish was 81 with similar humidity. So, I was pleased with the result. After the race visited with evryday some more.

Kudos to the Lions Club in Woodward for a well run inaugural half marathon. Plenty of volunteers, water/aid stations, and great organization. I'm not sure how many runners for the half but would guess around 60. They also had about 130 for a 5K that was run after the half marathon start.

Have a great weekend.

Paul

Good idea to skip the race and run later, 'Ribs. Lightning is nothing to mess around with (did they cancel the race?).

Well, I ran a 50k today here in CA, and we couldn't tell from the web site just how hilly it was. Well, it's pretty damn hilly. Really. Miles 4 and 13 were the absolute worst, but the whole thing was a series of ups and downs. It was so hot and dusty, my legs, socks and shoes were covered in dirt/dust. Ran through a couple of field areas (like, cow pastures) and my legs were bleeding from the thistles or whatever those spikey plants were.

Here's the elevation:

There's no way I'm posting my pace... but, I did finish in 6:16 something, and was second overall for the 50k. And that was after doing a voluntary out-and-back to verify I was on the right course (couldn't see the orange flagging there for a bit). So, that was harder than we thought it would be. The rest of the weekend is looking a little sketchy.

MM #5615

Wow! Nice job!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

i'm not sure if i've ever heard a Equinoxer use the word "hard" with respect to another marathon or ultra but not surprising that Equinox Erika would opt for ultra option.  I've run Dana Point thanksgiving 5K but didn't notice any hills.

Looks like Paul is getting ready for some more sub-fours in next month's birthday girls' marathon.

thanks for that convenient barefoot post ohps.  No wonder Oklahoma running's so much fun for you.

Do you ever put running thems into Rodgers/Hammerstein's "Oklahomal?". . .

or is that just giving away my current pace?

How did the posie=boy do in his first ultra, . .

two weeks after his first marathon?

while mama runs 20 miles on the trails herself.

enke - do you think a four year old coming down with his mom <<<(DD/DD)>>>> would like the water park?

He was fearless at  Green Lake as a 3yo.

Cashmason

Good Job Erika !

Finally!!

WOW Erika--at a quick look, those appear to be about 20% grade Shocked  It may not be at altitude, but that's Carolyn-esque.

Just under 12 miles this morning for my last long run before my race next Sunday.  It felt good, was at a relatively quick pace (not counting the Garmin auto pauses).  The obsessive long range forecast checking shows low of 50 and high of 68 and partially cloudy.  Sounds like what I was hoping for.  Packing will probably start this afternoon.

Richmond, here I come.................November 15th will be here quicker than I know.