Masters Running

The Saturday Daily, 11.22.14 (Read 31 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tom-you didn't get the pie and cider, too?

My thoughts exactly....

TomWhite - it's kind of hard to be a pharmacy without stocking at least a few of those items, though, isn't it?  People do get root canals and such....

A warm front brought freezing rain last night, leaving the roads a bit icy, but I waited until it was about 34 degrees, and it wasn't too bad.

7 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Icy roads every where! Our first snow came last night with snow/rain/snow/rain, which made the roads dangerous until about mid-day.

I really enjoy running in the snow, so I was glad to be able to fit in 12 smile miles. That was way too short .

I am enjoying a very nice and quiet day today. It feels good.

Watch out work, Denise is going to rock her marathon tomorrow.

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...true holly//....and so do I , but this was Pill Mill kind of pharmacy......after 40-years, you can just tell the type..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFQpPbjJWTc&list=RDXFQpPbjJWTc#t=10

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

My first "More Miles Than Degrees" run today. Probably a record for how late this has occurred. 8.3 miles at temps ranging from 2 to maybe 10 degrees. I'm still calling it more miles than degrees, since most of the miles were at the lower temps. Felt good throughout though, and good to know I still know how to dress for lower temperatures.

Tom - Up until about a year ago, my dad was on Oxycodone and Narco a the same time for a couple of years.  The mental affect on him was profound.  FINALLY, he told his doc he didn't want to be on them anymore because they didn't  help him, and he started weaning himself off.  We've told him on a number of occasions the difference in him in extreme.  He could barely communicate at times when he was on those drugs, or he'd do and say weird things.  Definitely not drugs to be taken lightly.

This summer, my friend, Karen, gave us her cat bed.  We brought it out a few days ago.  Chico has finally found his reason for living.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance