Masters Running

Race for the Cure- Raleigh 5K RR (Read 275 times)

Way to go, perch. You got to see munch and crew and then got a big PR and AG award. Congratulations. TomS
      First, big congrats on smashing your PR and coming away with hardware. Second, you have made me feel better. My 5K PR was faster than yours, which made me feel like a marathon slacker since your marathon time is faster. Now I know you're just a faster guy at all distances, although you haven't yet found the best conditions to show what you can really do. Find a cool, flat, 5k and change your mantra to" I love 5K's," and surprise yourself again. Since I moved up to a higher AG recently, I am perfectly willing to concede the 55-59 crown to you.
        Super race, Steve Congrats on another well deserved PR.
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey - that's my mantra, too! Big grin Excellent job, Perch, but then you've been running so well lately, it's really no surprise. Congratulations on your AG award and PR! Great racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great race Perch, You are one of the steady as she goes people here and I always enjoy reading your posts. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down