Masters Running

Redmond Watershed Preserve 12 hour trail race RR (Read 270 times)

huskydon

Wow! Over 50 miles, 12 hours, over trails, and in high temperatures. That is truly impressive. Unfathomable how you ultra's can do that. Congratulations! huskydon

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear dea contessa francesca, bravissimo fantastissimo for your powerful running in the 12 hour Redmond Watershed Run. Everyone who had done it before seemed to be agreeing that the temperatures into the 90's had them coming up about two of the five mile laps short so you probably ran the equivalent 100K even before you do your real one on 5/31. As usually being the slowest runner in these things, it was a new experience for me too to be running with others on the 5.466/0.72 two lap format. Maybe we can get some more boomers out for the next one. They are just too much fun not to. ps - did you hear how enke did on Cougar Mountain. I did it last year and, being way steeper than at Redmond, it was just as hard but in a different way. Let's tell her to run a couple of miles with us at the 100K and then go all the way!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Francesca, Wow, congrats on a huge accomplishment. That is very impressive.Also impressive is that you got to meet Tet one of my idols from way back on Coolrunning. Lucky you. Keep it up and thank you for sharing. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow! You are amazing!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holy cow - 12 hours of running is beyond my comprehension! Great job and it was very sweet of your wife to bring the after-race refreshments! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com