Masters Running

Tuesday, December 3rd daily (Read 39 times)

Interesting ferry story.  I wasn't sure from the media reports if he actually got the engines going and moved the boat out of dock.  If so.........what a great 15 minutes of fame!!!  Not that I am condoning this.

Seahawks are hot.....did the fans really break the loudness record???

Too late and dark and cold to run.  In other words, I need a big kick in the pants.

Deep thoughts while running.....usually I am thinking about how I'd like something interesting to happen on my run so that I can post about it.  Sometimes just a random dead or alive animal finding is fascinating.  But only to other runners.  Imagine telling your co-workers all about it?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Maniac 505

Twocat,  when I read accident reports, it is almost always not just one thing.  all too often I read something along the lines of "that's how we have always done it"  Sad

Enke: he certainly  got the engines started, but he never untied the boat.  he just ripped the cleats off the deck of the boat.

Mike E

MM #5615

Deep thoughts while running...if I am writing something and get stuck, I will go out for a run and something will come to me.  If I need to solve a problem at work...I can, usually, figure it out on a run.  But if I just go out and let my mind go...well...you just never know where it will end up.  The other day I started thinking about how old I was getting and how I'm starting to notice undesirable changes in the way I look...which lead to thinking about my passing and how my family will feel and what Heaven will be like...which lead to wondering if we come back as different people or things...which lead to thinking about what I might want to came back as and thought that, since I would like to come back as somebody who could help people, then I would want to come back as a superhero...which lead to deciding which superhero I'd like to come back as and, after thinking about the many superheroes out there...Superman...Batman...Spiderman...I thought I would like to come back as the mightiest superhero of them all and, what mightier superhero is there than a superhero with "mighty" in his name, but Mighty Mouse....which lead to thinking about Andy Kaufman when he sang the Mighty Mouse song and how strange that guy was....hmmm...I can't remember where it went after that...but that's an example of what I think about while I'm running...in case anybody cares...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I thought it sounded like a publicity stunt like Homeland SEcurity used to experience at airports.

Earlier this year when I heard Reese's were the best selling candy in the country, I couldn't think of anyone I knew who ate them, let alone ever bought any, certainly not me.  Maybe it's more an eastern preference.

oh, zooathon fizzled to a 5K as, as gs like to repeat from the signage, a lot of the animals are only intermittently visible in the winter. However, the brown bears were happy to parade around same as had happened around his pre-school earlier this fall.  Where's troy when I need him?  What are brown bears doing in town?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Deep thoughts for me duting a run - dont trip. Serioulsy though i usually think about work strategy and life issues. I spent many miles tryin to come to grips why bad things happen to good people for ko aparent reason. No answer yet.

Got 11 today and my stumt month is still alive during the business trip. Heading to Tuscaloosa tomorrow and must resist the urge to yell War Eagle. Hahahaha.

cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tramps

Mike, that was hilarious.

.which lead to thinking about Andy Kaufman when he sang the Mighty Mouse song and how strange that guy was....

And I love Andy Kaufman.

But now I won't be able to get that song out of my head.

There's a movie script in that ferry caper.

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Enke, not only did they smash the loudness record, but they caused a 2.0 reading on the richter scale over at the U District area, which is probably about 4-5 miles away.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It's a good thing I'm a masters runner, or at least post like I am, or, as being so busy with GS this weekend,  I'd never have even known about the ferry-jacking and the possibility of someone sneaking into the wheel house to single-handedly start the engines, let alone the earthquake even though I live here, to say nothing about finding out that there's more to think of while running than watching out what not to step on and in, and, when I dare look up, the scenery. .

/

ps C-R: I think mikeE's closer but you'll probably be getting bits and pieces of the puzzle too as the years march along. good luck.

ps - what kind of a month did you have?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)