Masters Running

Happy Birthday Aamos! (Read 26 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Eat something decadent.....do something fun......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Birthday Greased Lightning! I mean Amy !

May the Red Sox win and with the wind at your back come Monday.

Mike E

MM #5615

Happy birthday Amy.  I'm not sure why you stopped posting here, but I sure am glad you're back.

I hope it is (was) a great one, Aamos.

TomS

C-R

Happy birthday. One mile per year today. Right?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Henrun

Have a very happy birthday, Amy!

dg.

Happy birthday dear Aaaaaamy.....

continue the celebration

cheers!

Happy birthday Amy!  Have a good one.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Sayhey! MM#130

Aw, Holly and the rest o youse, thanx so much.  It doesn't seem real if I don't see it here.

Y'all are THE BEST.

Except C-R, GAK!  Maybe when I retire will I be blessed and able enough to run my age in a day.  <kidding--you are greta, just HA!>

Mike, Teach For America accepted me, trained me and sent me to Hazelhurst, Mississippi.   I quickly learned that teachers are saints as I spent every waking minute teaching, planning for teaching, revamping teaching plans, motivating kiddoes, etc., etc.  Barely ran 12 miles a week.    In mid November of 2012, I decided to enter a 10K set for early December and had to scramble to work up to running a 10 mile training run. 

And since you're too polite, allow me to say YIPPEE!  Not only is today my birthday, but I also enter a new AG!  Here I come, Senior Grandmasters!

ps: I finally found my niche.  After all those years of having people moan and groan at my birthday (tax day), I now work for the Department of Revenue, where Tax Day is a rather celebratory event.  One of my co-workers, who usually makes cupcakes for birthdays, even made oatmeal muffins today.  (Does that count as decadent enough??)

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy birthday dear Aaaaaamy.....

continue the celebration

cheers!

+several.  Have a great day Amy!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday grandaamy. 
                        closing in on 100 marathon AG’s.
                        We’re looking forward to your PNW re-debut.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Except C-R, GAK!  Maybe when I retire will I be blessed and able enough to run my age in a day.  <kidding--you are greta, just HA!>

Its a yearly joke among several of my running friends. One guy did it but he was only 32.

I do plan to take the shot when I hit 50. After that it may be in km's or simply laps on a track. Hehehehe

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy 60th, Amy!  I'm so glad you're not in my AG anymore - at least for a few more years!   Hope we get to run together sometime soon.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Maniac 505

Happy Bday!! have a Greta one

mrrun

Happy Birthday!!!  Looking forward to seeing you in a few days

marj