Masters Running

Thursday, 4.28.16 (Read 37 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Amy - any mangos on the ground are fair game. 

You know, it's those grey areas in life that have always intrigued me.  Must be my philosophical nature an' all.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sorry I've been kind of missing in action again --- been a long week!! I worked 3 16 hour shifts and 3 12 hour shifts between last Wed and yesterday -- my body is saying enough!! Today was the 1st of 5 days off in a row and I am trying to ignore the vortex messages for help!!

Had a great 7.2 mile run Monday (after I crashed Sunday night and slept 10 hours!!) - and then today did my 6.2 miles of hills and trails with my Thursday morning run group. Not sure what is going on but my feet are feeling cranky and my right upper quad feels like I have a ligament strain or something. I also have that lower achy back feeling like when you are starting to get sick -- I'm hoping its just my body telling me it needs a break so I am going to sit in the hot tub for awhile and give myself permission to not set my alarm for the morning.

Think I just need another good sleep and maybe I'll get Rosie out for her first outside ride to ease back into it - feeling a little nervous since it's been so long since I've done an outdoor ride ....it's time!!

I've been reading back and trying to catch up but too hard to comment - would feel bad because I'm sure I'd miss a lot!!

Fleet feet to all running this weekend!! We get to open our camper in Maine Saturday - can't wait!!

denise

evanflein

Barb, you really should write a blog. Or a book. You've got a hilarious writing style that I just love. Hope you can get that fascist foot to behave soon. Nice bike ride.

Mangoes on the ground... hmmm, I'd be a bit concerned about bugs/worms and other crawly things I'd prefer not to eat. But there's a reason "low hanging fruit" is a catch phrase for "easy stuff". Just sayin'.

Good luck with the thunderstorms, Twocat. We had a doozy Tuesday night that woke me up at about 2:30 with a loud crack of thunder it made me jump! Lots of flashy-flashy stuff and rumbling, then hard rain and hail. I got up at 5:45 Wednesday morning, saw all the puddles and thought, "nah, I don't feel like it today" and went back for another hour of sleep.

Holly, I can't wait to plant my garden! I still need to order potatoes though, so hope I'm not too late. I hope we can till next weekend and plant shortly after that. We're told to wait until June 1 to avoid risk of frost, but really, there's no guarantee as we've had some lovely hot Mays in recent years, and cold wet Junes!

We got in just before 2 a.m. last night and in bed by 3, up at 7:30 and at work by 9. I am about to go out for a run but don't have a whole lot of energy. Good thing I'm already over 200 miles for the month of April....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just checking in to say I ran 13 miles with the middle 10 at tempo pace.

Okay--gotta get back to the NFL Draft.

pssst...don't tell Twocat, but it rained the whole way...I think I'm already on probation...

TammyinGP

Okay--gotta get back to the NFL Draft.

it probably wouldn't surprise you that my son is actually watching it also.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

it probably wouldn't surprise you that my son is actually watching it also.

Really?!  No...not David...