Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 5.22.14 (Read 35 times)

SubDood

I just received an email from the people at the marathon saying that, for the first time, they will have a tracking device for people to follow the runners' progress.  I think I might bring my cell phone with me so I can keep track of how I'm doing.

Mike -- Please post details! I've been searching the Internet frantically trying to figure out a way to track how the race is going.

Good Luck Mike!!

Tammy - Good luck to David too!!!

3.3 miles, one at 8:32.  Only because it was a long, significant downhill.  Pace back up was in the twelves.  Knee started to get grouchy, so I walked the rest of the way home.  Don't want to go in reverse with this nagging knee issue.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hi everyone! Boston was great the first 2 days we were here, Sunny and cool breeze but it's raining today!  No, I did not bring that from MN!! LOL!  Yesterday, ran 10.1 miles along the Charles River, all the way to Harvard Sq. and back, paved bike/run/walk path but a dirt trail has been formed as well  which parallels the path, yippee!!  Ran on that as much as possible.  It was HOT nonetheless.

We found an Arthur Murray dance studio and had a private lesson, then joined a group lesson and a social dance afterwards, it was fun but my feet were killing me, .  Today, only had enough time for about 3.2 recovery run again along the River before it began to rain.  But went to the very nice hotel health club, weights and elliptical.  Hope to run when I can between conference sessions and hanging out with our 'gang' (colleagues).  Laters!

No time for shutouts right now except to let AZ know to keep an eye out for Henry and Marj on the path by the Charles in Boston! Have a great 4 day weekend, Erika. Oh and Hiya PBJ & Cranium (waving madly)! I love your recaps, Jay, especially when I don't have time to read everything, like this week.

Orchestra concert is tonight and I have a few herbs to plant into pots after work on this glorious sunny day. This is what May is supposed to feel like! I am so fortunate to be able to attend exceptional concerts just an hour drive away. MrStarr attended an awesome musical performance of "Jersey Boys" last night and absolutely loved it! The performance hall at the Washington Pavillion is absolutely beautiful. I think we will get season tickets for next year. I hope our audience at the Worthington Area Symphony enjoys the performance tonight, Swedish Dances, Finlandia, a Grieg Piano Concerto and Peer Gynt.

Gotta run (I wish I could go for a run).

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

,,,,,,,,,,,,. I hope our audience at the Worthington Area Symphony enjoys the performance tonight, Swedish Dances, Finlandia, a Grieg Piano Concerto and Peer Gynt.

Gotta run (I wish I could go for a run).

.VERY COOL starr//..........wish I could see that....

============

double wgt sessions

x-bike standing

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike, belated congratulations to your grand daughter on her 3 goals and team win.  "Hi" to PBJ and craneium.  craneium, it's great to hear how well your school kids are doing but I'm sorry to hear about your injury.

Nice long runs for Aamos and az.  Good job on the speedwork for PBJ.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 50s with some wind.  I did 6 miles at an 11:00 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

SubDood--this is what was sent to me...

We’re thrilled to announce that for the first time in the history of the Buffalo Marathon, there will be live race weekend and race day coverage courtesy of Pace Per Mile. Pace Per Mile On-Air Personality, Chris Nicholas, will be live at the Race Expo and Kid’s Mini Marathon on Saturday, and then Sunday morning Bart Yasso, from Runner’s World magazine, will join Chris for live race day coverage of our 5K, relay, half and marathon.

From the first runner to the last, the finish line will be streamed on our website at www.buffalomarathon.com, and on our Facebook page for your friends and family to see and for you to go back and share with friends later. Follow Pace Per Mile here for updates on when they go live at various times during race weekend at www.facebook.com/pacepermile.

Oh--az--my boss is out in Boston, right now.  He called me from the "Cheers Bar", today.  Did you see him?

Okay--gotta run.

Mariposai

H

We found an Arthur Murray dance studio and had a private lesson, then joined a group lesson and a social dance afterwards, it was fun but my feet were killing me, .  

Do tell more. This sounds like a fun adventure.

One mile of running for me today, then a 12 hour shift at work. Tomorrow is no better, but then I have it off until Wednesday. We are taking a weekend get-away to the west side of the state this weekend, so it will be fun.

Tomorrow there is a fun 5k in town. I will jog it since my hop is to run about 10 miles before work to fit in the miles since I have a marathon in two weeks.

Have a fun long weekend folks1

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I will jog it since my hop is to run about 10 miles before work to fit in the miles since I have a marathon in two weeks.

... do tell us more! Nothing on the intrepid about this. What's up?

Ran home from work tonight. Started with my jacket and was glad to have it. But it came off at 4.4 miles into the run and (cover your eyes, Ribs), tied it around my waist for the remainder of the run. Glad to have it again when I was done though, as it felt chilly at a breezy 53° as I walked a bit afterwards. 10.1 miles, 8:16 or something like that avg pace.

SteveP

Last night - interval redux.  I actually was able to do the 4 x 1 mile at 7:30.  Did a fifth one just because I could.  Funny how I used to be able to maintain that pace for an hour a few years ago.  Now it's "speedwork."

You and me both brotha.

I just got a message from the RD from a race Noah, DW, Tag and I were in a couple of weekends ago. Noah and Grammy did the 2K. while those of us with hairy backs did the 5K. Race day, they did not track the times of the 2K entrants. It seems there may have been a change of heart and Noah's getting his 1st OA hardware.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

PBJ - Speedwork?  What's that? 

SteveP - very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

PBJ - Speedwork?  What's that?   

Well yeah - you don't need speedwork when you're goin' 50k.  You just need endurance, guts, and a touch of insanity!

Oh--az--my boss is out in Boston, right now.  He called me from the "Cheers Bar", today.  Did you see him?

Okay--gotta run.

Hey "Mike's boss!!" ..........yeah, he was on the other side of us at the "Cheers Bar" ....when we stopped for a drink....haha!!