Masters Running

Wed Aug 27 Runs and Workouts (Read 361 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Enke, I can never stick to a plan myself so I'm no good at giving pacing advise, I've run the SJJ a few times though, and know the trail inside out: the last 3 /3.5 miles are pretty flat .There are some hills between mile 6-10 and the start is also flat, there are also sections that are very crowded as the they are out and backs. 6.25 miles for me this morning. Feels like summer is on the way out and we're back to grey PNW conditions, which at least are good for running! Have a great day everyone! Francesca
      enk--my dryer's sounding like the Spirit of St. Louis these days--after you do the research, let us know which dryer you select?
      No research. Criteria, can I bring one home today? Is it in my budget? Yes and yes, have one in my van right now. Bought a GE model, partly for sentimental reasons since my Dad worked there for years. Found out you can really spend a whole $hitload of money on these things. "Some say double your half marathon time and add 10 minutes.", or 15 or 20! Going for the most posts of the day award here... Thanks Franc! Without an elevation map to look at, I don't know what to expect. It will not be hot Monday so I really have no excuse not to PR.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Found out you can really spend a whole $hitload of money on these things.
        No doubt! And have you seen the price of dishwashers? They cost more than stoves (and dryers)! Shocked We had to buy a refridgerator when we moved, and we chose a stainless steel model, hoping to eventually convert all our kitchen appliances to that, but stainless steel dishwashers were almost $1000 - I had no idea...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Oh I have an idea. Ouch. That kitchen remodel was expensive, but it sure looks nice! One thing I've learned though, is that teenage boys are sort of hard on appliances. The freezer and fridge doors, and come to think of it the dishwasher, too, have several dings in them. You don't notice that sort of thing on a regular surface, but on the stainless it really stands out. Spent too much time waiting in cold rooms for my mammogram and follow up ultrasound. Following up on something found last year, that now turns out was nothing and I didn't need the followup nonsense anyway. Of course, I find that out AFTER I've spent the morning and the health care dollars already. Out for a run after work. Think I'll climb up the side of a big ol' hill tonight... Big grin Plan is 10 miles, so I'll park at about mile 7 of the course and climb up to the top (2,400 ft), then do the out-and-back hills, then end at 17. Unless my ride isn't there. If that's the case, guess I'll have to run down the hill, too.
            Holly - We completely re-did our small kitchen a few years ago. We bought a stainless steel dishwasher for about $750, but went cheaper on the other appliances. I figure the total bill was about $8,500. That included all new appliances, Corian-type acrylic solid surface counter top ($2,000), maple cabinents, new sink/facets, new water heater. I did all the design and general management work and cabinent installation and DH did the electrical and plumbing. If we had had someone else do it....$25,000 minimum I figure. Maybe I should go put some flowers beside the sink and take a picture. I'm kind of proud we did it ourselves.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

10 GA miles tonight. Uneventful with no skunks or such. Amos, That would be great to have you in Detroit ! Mcmillan had my marathon time 20 minutes fast until I ran one and then it was right on Wink Was throwing around ideas to my DW this week and although she does not run she would love to visit the PNW so we are considering the "Rock and Roll Seattle" in June. and I promised her we would stay and really take a vacation while there. I will know better if I can pull it off work wise and financially by the first of the year. So you guys might need a little bigger hot tub. My wife and I are appliance shopping also. I am pushing for black she likes stainless. We have a boring white fridge and a 1970s copper stove. Both in the house when we bought it 2 years ago. I just finished the cupboards, counters and light fixtures now for the big bucks. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

The Jogger

After the cycling & running over the weekend, I spent all day yesterday in the car, which always makes me stiffen up, This is a quote from Doug yesterday, I'm going to save this tip for if ever I need it Big grin Big grin Big grin The top bit is the quote!!!! Morning, it's tomorrow morning over here, I'm just in from work and I'm going to post yesterday mornings run today....... Anyway I did my 5.33 hilly course and again knocked more time off, 58 secs quicker than yesterday although still slow. 5.33m 55:22 @ 10:23 pace AHR 162 78% WHR Good runs All and Good Night Roy
                evanflein

Ok, this place is wild... it's not even 9:30 pm, and Roy is posting Thursday's run on the Wednesday thread! And I just got home!! 10.75 miles of brutal hills. This was the hardest part of the Equinox Marathon course, and I did it in about 1:55... not too bad, about 2 minutes off goal marathon pace for that section so I'm happy with that. If I can do the first 8 miles in 1:15, the next 4.3 miles in 50 minutes (took me 47:30 tonight), and the "out-and-back" in 50 minutes (took me 46 tonight), that gives me about 1 hour 20 minutes to do the last 9.2 miles to make my 4:15 time goal. I tell ya, it ought to be possible.... I can do 4:15 on this course... I know it...
                  Mariposai

Was throwing around ideas to my DW this week and although she does not run she would love to visit the PNW so we are considering the "Rock and Roll Seattle" in June. and I promised her we would stay and really take a vacation while there. I will know better if I can pull it off work wise and financially by the first of the year. So you guys might need a little bigger hot tub. Larry
                    Oh Larry, we will find a bigger hot tub if you and your DW can make it to the Seattle Rock and Roll marathon next June. Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard