Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 5.7.14 (Read 43 times)

Nice 10 miler az2MN! What State Park do you live by? When I retire I would consider being a campground host. Jay, I don't often stop to chat, but when I do I don't regret it unless I forget to stop MrGarmin. tw - you are not an idiot, but I am sure someone will remind you about the stone bruise (I don't know what that is so I guess I'm the idiot).  Mari, those are great even splits, can you be my coach? Leslie, your speed work is impressive. How long have you had a coach?

Speaking of speed work, I did some tonight too, well I tried to.  I thought I had the program from the pc sent to the Garmin but I couldn’t find it and had to enter it again which wasn’t really that hard. I am glad that the Garmin is somewhat intuitive since I haven’t read all the books yet.  I thought I could do ¼ mile x8 with 2:00 rest. Goal pace was 12:35-12:45 (I am really, really slow ya know).  I was all over the place from 11:09 to 13:28 so I am blaming the weather. Windy (20mph), warm (79°Wink and somewhat humid, jtwili.

On my cool-down walking to my house my neighbor five doors down came out to talk to me and said she had the same shirt as mind – My 2012 Crazy Horse Half Marathon shirt! I had no idea that she was there that year. She and some other gals have done a few triathlons so we talked about that a bit. I really think I need that road bike after this half is behind me. I am going to my daughter’s in the Cities this weekend so will be in Maple Grove shopping, of course. I know where the Trek dealer is and have been Erik’s Bike Shop looking at Specialized designed for women.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Another quick pop in and pop out post.

14 miles tonight in 1:39:07--including 10 tempo miles in 1:06:54.

Starr--I'm running with my DD and a couple of grandkids in a benefit fun run for the hearing impaired at Lake Harriet in Saturday morning.  You should join us.

Okay--I gotta go!  See ya!

Hello everybody!  Another quick pop in and pop out post.

14 miles tonight in 1:39:07--including 10 tempo miles in 1:06:54.

Starr--I'm running with my DD and a couple of grandkids in a benefit fun run for the hearing impaired at Lake Harriet in Saturday morning.  You should join us.

Okay--I gotta go!  See ya!

Great tempo run, Mike. I would love to come to the race but then I'd miss the Tupperware party! I promised I would help her get ready for it. I did think about entering the half in Maple Grove that starts at 7:30. I thought I could get my 11 mile long run out of the way. I decided I would rather play with the grandkids and sleep in a bit.   Have a good race, what ages are the grandkids? I could maybe keep up with them.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

Thanks, Tag, and all the rest of you who said kind things about my note to Tag.  But Steve! Please to reassure us Tag is ok for true?    <<werried girl here>>

grins

A

Thank you.  He's back to abnormal.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Starr--Jenna is 11 and Allie is 8.  Allie is the one with the hearing loss.  We're signed up for the untimed event so I will be just jogging around the lake with Allie.  Tupperware is fun, too, though...