Masters Running

Yaz's heart getting fixed (Read 269 times)

From the Boston Globe: "The greatest living Red Sox player, New England icon Carl Yastrzemski, underwent emergency triple-bypass surgery yesterday at Massachusetts General Hospital after being diagnosed with coronary artery disease. Yastrzemski, the folk hero of the 1967 Impossible Dream season that forever changed the franchise's fortunes, emerged from the operating room at 8 p.m. after a six-hour procedure to reroute the flow of blood around blockages in three arteries to his heart. "The surgery was a complete success, and he's resting comfortably," said Yastrzemski's spokesman, Dick Gordon." DH responded with this to me after reading the Globe article: .. "resting comfortably" my *&*, I say! We know how that is right after that particular surgery." Let's go out and win one tonight for the Yaz, Red Sox!
    Masters 2000 miles

King of PhotoShop

"Monkey see, monkey do" if you ask me. The minute I get the operation, everybody wants one. Spareribs
        lol ribs!! do you know this was "breaking news" on channel 7 yesterday?? i thought that was a bit much but glad to hear he's doing well!!

denise

do you know this was "breaking news" on channel 7 yesterday?? i thought that was a bit much but glad to hear he's doing well!!
          Confused But it's Cap'n Carl. Cry
          Masters 2000 miles
          TheSaint

I'm sorry, I've seen that "resting comfortably" and I say it doesn't look so comfortable. I'm not signing up for that.
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

maybe he got better drugs than SR? Confused

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Maniac 505

From the Boston Globe: DH responded with this to me after reading the Globe article: .. "resting comfortably" my *&*, I say! We know how that is right after that particular surgery." Let's go out and win one tonight for the Yaz, Red Sox!
                "resting comfortably"? maybe that is kind of like when I see that a storm has gone "safely out to sea" I've seen some pretty ugly storms at sea Sad

Manchild

"resting comfortably"?
                  Or what my body is always trying to tell my mind during the latter stages of a marathon, just pull over to the side of the road and lay down, you'll feel so much better...