Masters Running

Saturday's Terse Daily, 2.22.14 (Read 46 times)

Mariposai

10 miles of this today!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no wonder there's a Washingtonian or two in the winter Olympics.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Beautiful trail, Mariposai. After that 18 you did the other day (before work!), you're getting some good miles in.

What a gorgeous day it was today! Bright sunshine, 15° and no wind. Winter IRC, IMO! Was planning on 8 miles, but it felt so good to be out in the sunshine, and I felt pretty sproinky so kept on going. Ended up with 12.2 miles at a pretty good clip. That's the longest run for me in qite a while. We'll see how I feel tomorrow!

wildchild

Carolyn

50k fatass trail run today.  Took almost 8 hours.  I wasn't last. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

30k Lake Chabot

Finished in 4:13

I'm happy with the results

6 hrs to drive home

Tired, but can't sleep.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

So the contestant picks door number one, and before showing what's behind it, Hall shows door number two, which has the gag prize. He then starts offering cash to the contestant to switch from his first pick, door number one, to get him to select the remaining unopened door, number three.

Hall recounted that despite the statistical advantage of switching doors at that point, most contestants stuck with their original choice. This set of a firestorm of argument among mathematicians, statisticians and so on, with Marilyn vos Savant being the first to point out that to switch was the right move.  This is now understood to be correct, but it riles people up nonetheless, with people who don't see it, saying, "But it's still 50-50."  Spareribs

I guess I am one of those who don't see it.  With the gag gift out of the way, you are still left with two choices, one with the modest gift and one with the pricy one - why does one door hold a better chance than the other at that point?

Carolyn and Leslie - well done!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mari--that's not terse, it's a 1000 words!

10 miles of this today!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.