Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 10.11.12 (Read 358 times)

tetsujin209 I would be happy to let you know if I see any.  But realistically, with my memory it would be a stroke of luck if I thought to look before I left!  Sad

My ankle feels pretty good today.  My PT thought it good enough that she clearly wants me to run on it again.  But I am resisting anyway.  At this point I want to salvage Disney (my next marathon) and just finish Amsterdam.  I think I can do both if the ankle is fully healed a week from Sunday.  I fear that if I risk running the ankle will not be quite there come race day and that will be it for both Amsterdam and Disney.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Enke - me, too.  I have tried a few times, but am just so pooped by then my resolve quickly leaves me.  The few times I have managed it, my legs usually feel dead and I run very slow.

ME too!

Actually my problem is that I am just too hungry by the time 5pm comes along and I don't have any energy to run longer than 6 miles. How do you PM runners do it? Any hints?

I started work at 6:30 today, and I did a loot of driving and sitting in meetings, so I am done for the day and I better get out of this computer to go for a run, or I will start thinking dinner pretty soon.Blush.

Twocat, good call on your part to rest the ankle. Have fun in the Netherlands! 

Off to run, will read the posts later.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Actually my problem is that I am just too hungry by the time 5pm comes along and I don't have any energy to run longer than 6 miles. How do you PM runners do it? Any hints.

i just don't run more than 6 miles! Joking

Tammy

Slo, my thoughts are with you and your family.  RCG, I'm glad to hear you got in your first run since the fall. (I've got to admit to a temporary brain failure.  When I first read your statement, I thought fall as in the season and it didn't make sense.)

This morning, it was about 30° and there was some wind.  I got in 8 miles at a 10:54 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mrrun

Slo, my thoughts are with you and your family.  RCG, I'm glad to hear you got in your first run since the fall.

agree to both of these statements. 

I never got back to here - had to work, then went shopping, ate dinner out at one of our new favorites, then home. 

i run at most 3-4 miles some nights, unless I run home from work or go out immediately on getting home.  Once the wine glass appears, it's all down hill.  however, my favorite time is in the morning.  my problem on work days with morning runs is they tire me out too much to follow them with a bike to work.  

marj

I fear that if I risk running the ankle will not be quite there come race day and that will be it for both Amsterdam and Disney.

...probably

the Toughest Line a Runner can write///........but GoodThinking twocat.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

...probably

the Toughest Line a Runner can write///........but GoodThinking twocat.

It is good to read smart comments from smart runners.

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.” – Kurt Vonnegut

SteveP

. Last XC meet and then Districts next week. Just pulled up rankings and David is ranked the 20th 7th grader in the state of Oregon. not too shabby for first year out.  

What's not to love about this?

SteveP