Masters Running

A Nice Run in Zoar, Ohio (Read 178 times)

As I sort of mentioned in my note... when Cool Running was eaten up by Active... the house divided and some folks disappeared or would make rare appearances here or over at Kickrunners. I spend more time over there at KR but, I try to come over here because I treasure you all, too. Flying Finn was always fun over in CR Boomer Land. How fortunate that she and I were able to stay connected. Robp was another runner whom I feel I have known for over 3 years (from CR Boomers). Robp is a man of few words but, we, the CR Boomers, were anxious to hear when his older son returned from his tour in Iraq. I believe The Marine was over there for a long time. He is home now, his obligation complete. Now Robp's second son graduated from high school this past weekend and he will begin boot camp in just a few short weeks... ANYWAY. Flying Finn, Mr. Finn, and Robp (now runfishhunt on KR) and I met in Zoar and ran the towpath and had a lovely breakfast afterward. Here is a link (with photos). Don't feel obligated to read or comment. I just wanted to give you a glimpse of one of my favorite Boomer meetings. http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=862626#post862626 Thanks for being here Running Ahead Masters...
    LaVita

King of PhotoShop

So glad to know that RobP is fishrunhunt. Bless his sons. Thanks for this Rose. You have great friends and you are cute too. Spareribs
        Thanks for dropping in and posting this, Rose. It was neat hearing about people from CR and having the great pictures. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Rose - very nice thread and great pictures! Now I have to go look up Zoar, Ohio....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for posting this here, Rose/LaVita. I visit KR occasionally, but not on a regular basis. Nice to see CRBoomers getting together!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

nowor

Rose, I really appreciate you and others from KR that pop in. About once a week I skim KR...mostly looking for pics Smile. I miss you and others, but barely keep up w/ one site. Thank you for being a Bridge! Sue
                Thanks so much for cross-posting this. I rarely go to KR and this was well worth the look---the bonds amongst and between the running communities are strong and that's what counts most. Great photos as well. CNYrunner