Masters Running

Sunday, June 1st Daily (Read 370 times)

2cat, sounds like a fun time was had, however, the other RR was funnier!! Nice job. I may need to check out that gu belt.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Tet - "only" 42 miles he says; that was my monthly PR not long ago. What an inspiration you are! Steve - I was gonna say that your pooch looked like he could be in "Little Rascals," but Ribs beat me to it. Roll eyes Liz - sorry to hear the PF is still hanging on; glad to hear you're running again, and with the H&H in DC, that pace would probably suit me fine Sad nono - I agree with your description of June. In fact, "June" and "July" are two of my favorite four-letter words. Cool 13 kid days and 1 teacher day to go! CNY - you're amazing. That's what I say after each of your RR's, but, really, you're amazing. Holly - good job setting DH straight about the relative importance of DIY projects or LRs. Kevin - happy anniversary and happy extra mile fjord - anniversary and a wedding coming up for DD - congrats Two - loved the comparison of the gu belt with a lion and its prey. Struggled through 5 H&H miles this morning. Had this fantasy that I'd do 9 in 3 sets of 3 miles each, with a little gatorade break in between. First 3 were pretty good; took walk breaks according to HR, but that was too random for my OCD tendencies. Started mile 4 with run 0.4 and walk 0.1 like I did with last week's 9-miler. That worked until mid-way through mile 5 when my legs and stomach started screaming "forget it, girl, you are no way ready to handle this heat for this long." I"m kinda disappointed that I only managed 14.9 miles this week (lowest since March, when I got the orthotics) and that my longest run was today's 5, but I'm chalking it up to needing to adjust to the heat and to get over the sinus infection. And last May I averaged about 10 mpw vs. 17 this May, so I'll stop whining now. Smile I'm already starting to freak out about Friday's 5K and the forecast of temps in the high 80s! Shocked Happy June, all, Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'd love to post some pictures this time with my upcoming RR( Yes, DH saved his skin and didn't forget the camera).. if only I could figure out how ...could I get some help please........? Thank you! Francesca
        Francesca, I'll ch eck with mariposai when I get to see her at the Ipenama flamingo and belly dance Restaurant and Lounge to see if she can help getting t he photos posts, but I don't know if she's got her computer as she's been missing today. You were looking so great when you passed me on the ascent to Garcia Station and then coming past the snow fields from Bandera so let's not post our rr's the photos can too. Oh, I don't have one so will just tag my 42 miles on your 62. What a great job you did in the third ultra of your life, . . . and third in six weeks! ps - don't tell SR I'm seeing mariposai (and maybe someone else too) tonight!Smile WillRunForBeer/Eliz - thanks. your comments just crack me up so much as it is exactly, precisely what I thought when I was just becoming a CR boomer and posted my first monthly total at 24 miles in August 2005 and arf posted a 24.5 mile run in the daily that day!. Big grin. Holy Cow, I've become arf. (don't tell divechief!>>>Big grin
        Tet runs "only" 42 miles.
        Tet - "only" 42 miles he says; that was my monthly PR not long ago. What an inspiration you are! Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

You're bugging me big time Tet. Spareribs
          evanflein

Aw, 'Ribs, get over it. Tet has a charm that just won't stop. All the ladies love him... (Tet, give Mariposai a big hug from me! and great job on your 100k, even if you stopped at "only" 42 miles) Nice job on your 12 miler, btw... CNY, how did you recognize Twocat? Amazing run you had today. You're a machine, I swear. Holly, that's an awful lot of weighted squats and such on your poor legs after a long run. And I never told you to double up strength work and long runs... I told you you needed to give your legs a full rest day if you're feeling fatigued or constant "dead legs." A day off was the idea, not doubling up... My foot felt pretty good today, so I went out for my "planned" (such as it is) 10 miler. The hours in the garden sure had an impact... Felt like I did 500 squats yesterday for how sore my quads were. And my back. Oy. But the garden is mostly done and the run was good. Temps were around 70 to 71 or so... warmest day so far this year, I think. It was wonderful. Ran on the same dirt trail I did yesterday, and added a bit more (sorta like Kevin did) by taking a side road/bike path till I got the miles I wanted. 10.3 miles, 8:26 avg pace. Felt good.
              Got a bike ride in after dinner...that was fun...
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip