Masters Running

Thursday 7/17/2014 (Read 34 times)

Henrun

Twocat, fortunately the major part of our major bathroom renovation was over when we returned and the bathroom is usable.

Did a "fast" couple of miles this morning but returned home with sore R calf muscles from a lot of stair climbing on our trip- rarely climb stairs at home-that's condo living.

Received a $40 gift certificate at Adidis for my AG win at the BAA 10K- that almost paid for the high entry fee (not quite).

Re couples that run together- Marj and I "run together" but I'm so slow now that we start together- she takes off shortly and returns to walk as I finish.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear root canal goddesses <<<(jeanne/almostholly)>>>

After my most recent cleaning last fall, pressure on an upper molar was a little sensitive but it's gone away so much I don't even notice it any more. However, when remembered it and brought it up during a semi-annual cleaning yesterday, they took an x-ray that showed an abscess sac.    When the doc banged on the molar surface with a minature version of a knee reflex hammer, it kind of briefly felt like cold ice cream so he recommeneded I come in next Monday for a root canal!

I don't even feel it at all today so rescheduled for August on the ruse of a grandson trip next week that's really happening after all.

Have your (or anyone's) dentists ever said that abscesses ever eventually go away like mine seems to be doing or do they assume they just get worse so it's always a rush to root canal judgment no matter what.\

thnax.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Root canals - Yuck!  I've had two and, suffice to say, I didn't enjoy either one.  I won't go into details, but I'm sure the Root Canal Goddesses will enjoy theirs!!   Not sure if abscesses eventually go away, Tet.  You'll have to let us know.

May I just say that I am reminded all the time what an incredible group of people you are?  Thank you.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tet - my root canal today was for an abscess that's been hanging around for a few months (at least) and wouldn't go away.   Dentist said it would cause so much decay eventually I would lose the tooth if I didn't get it done -- this lady was not about to take a chance losing a front tooth!!  The root canal really wasn't all that bad ..... just needed to sleep off the novocaine when I came home!! 

Oh - and the Old Port Marathon race committee put out an explanation of how the course ended up being .3 miles short!!  So my Garmin (and everyone else I spoke with) really was accurate.  Apparently they had a cyclist leading the front runners and he took a wrong turn (or something to that effect).  Even stranger -- they corrected it for the second half of the runners so all of those who ran somewhere around 2 hours or faster ran 12.8 but all the rest ran the 13.1 ---- weird!!

denise

Dave59

I'm here in Charleston, WV working. Week is going good.

Runs (in the morning kind of early):
            5.16 - Sunday - 3 loops around the Huntington Mall.
            3 - Monday - Rain kept me on the hotel treadmill
            3.3 - Tuesday - Guy at front desk said it was just a light mist and I will be ok outside. Heavy rain started 10 minutes into my run.   Was fun anyway.
            3.2 - Wednesday - 55* as the cold air made it down here
            4 - Thursday - Still nice weather

Spent Saturday and Sunday with the in-laws.

Monday we (Cindy & I) ate at a "bar food" restaurant.

Tuesday was dinner at a seafood place with the in-laws.

Wednesday with Cindy's friends at an Asian restaurant.

And tonight, Cindy and I did something neither of us remember doing in 30+ years of marriage. We went to a high end steak house and spent nearly $200 for the two of us for dinner. Fillets (with crab cake for Cindy), au gratin potatoes, drinks, and dessert. This has been one of the nicer "work" trips I have ever taken. The empty nest life has been going pretty good.

Tomorrow is a half day of work and then the 8-hour drive back to Michigan.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Sounds like you're having a great time, Dave.

I went 9 miles, tonight--running the middle 3 miles in 20:21.  Last night I went 5 easy miles.  Tuesday I did a mile warm up, then 6 x 1 miles all under 6:30 with a .3 mile recovery run between each, and finished with a mile cool down.  I'm supposed to do two long runs this weekend but on Saturday, I'm going to run a 5k race that Hermosaboy has created to kick off his wedding day festivities...pretty cool, huh?

Okay--DW is telling me supper is ready--see ya!

SteveP

Two days in a row, I had a great run.  Hoping trend continues this weekend.

deer are kewl to watch, Tramps.

Nancy, stay safe. keep your precious wings soot free.

I'm very happy for you and the Saint running together, Ribs.

SteveP how many Billy's are there?

There's neo-rockabilly
                There's psycho-rockabilly
                There's Starbucks-Orange-County rockabilly

There's euro-ja-ja-wir-machen-rockin' rockabilly
                There's Western-swing-traditional-blues-
                influenced rockabilly
                There's Australian-shrimp-on-the -barbie-
                carry-your-surfboard-to-Sears-
                to-buy-you-rolled-up-Levi's rockabilly
                There's rock a-Johnny. rock-a-Sally, rock-a-hillbilly

New rule: No more teeth problems.

Dave59, I suspect the place mats did not come with crayons.

I love our customers. What ever position I've had, I make an effort to ask myself, "How can I do this better".  Even if no one notices - I know. In the six years I've been with the company, twice I've been asked what I do different than everyone else. It's been by people who build log homes. Those cats have to be meticulous as there are no small mistakes. Twice today, I had customers tell me what I did differently. One was a home owner that I had been to before.They sent fresh cookies and seeds from their flower garden home for DW.

There were two after hour deliveries past our house. With management's permission, I stopped and picked up DW and the mutt. We had a bonus dog as DD#3's pup, Marley was visiting. After the drop, we hit a trail for a brisk hike. I'm not a fan of running in steel toed boots.

SteveP

Dave59

Dave59, I suspect the place mats did not come with crayons.

I felt like Barney Fife when he went to the French restaurant in Raleigh.