Masters Running

Friday...............probably (Read 34 times)

....or it might be Tuesday for tet//..............yes, I saw those notes

=============

80s and humid

1st of 2 PT workouts

3x20-min walks

.......attempt at driving this weekend............you might want to stay inside

on second thought that might not save you either

..............good running and good racing to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

a daily I can keep up with!

hiya tw....

watching you make this progress (thank you for your driving info...  don't suppose you have a route map? Wink)... (but I digress)..   is just about as wonderful as anything could be.     so so happy.

thanks for all of the welcomes & shout outs the last time I slipped in here... I may have missed some in the past as well.   I'm sorry!!

I'm still dealing with 'post concussion syndrome', which makes pathological introverts even more so, & etc.    And so regular posting attempts keep fizzing out.

Hi  :  )      I've been making some progress, doing some running.  It was 75 miles or so the last couple of months.   not exactly zoomy.  but working on it.

had a wonderful time last weekend seeing Holly, Holly Jr., Econo,  'lil Econo, & Doug..     I got to run 5 miles w/Renee & the rest of you didn't.   :  )

I have to say, meeting the Jr. & the 'lil was genuinely a treat.   They are both just great (have to get back to work so not finding the best phrases..)

I don't usually run trails.  (such as at Run Woodstock)    I seemed fine after the 5 mile, then cut the grass in my sloped back yard wearing clogs... might have been stoopid.  I have a posterior tibial strain, so haven't been able to run, but did elliptical style repeats this morning, & just for tw, some pool running yesterday.

waving madly

Mariposai

DG, it is always so good to see  your posts.

TW, smiling big about your progress!!!

Did run 3 miles with the Easy Pacer today.

Go Rosie Ruiz Fan Club team go!!!! or I should say...ride!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Hiya!

Dg - we have a sloping yard too, it is a bear to mow.  Don't do it in clogs! Although you probably know that now....{{{hugs}}}

No run for me today, but I went for a ride on my bike for 1 hour 20 minutes, which on my big clunky mountain bike is a workout.  Not like you people with those feather-light, paper-thin, super-speedy bikes (wish I had one, darn it).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

I got to run 5 miles w/Renee & the rest of you didn't.   :  )

Hi Dg! Just rub it in why dontcha? Seriously, cool that you got to meet Holly and Econo and the offspring. I've yet to meet them but have heard lots (Go mommy go!).

tomwhite out and about on the roads, oh my. Good to follow the progress you're making.

Looking forward to the RTB reports and pictures! Yes, please, lots of pictures. Of course, the non-incriminating kind only (right).

Left my running stuff at home so I wouldn't be tempted to run today. Too bad too, since it's the nicest day we've had in about 2 weeks!! It's actually the calm before the storm, in a way. Temps in the 30's and up to 2" of snow accumulation at the top of Ester Dome is forecast for us tomorrow morning. OhboyOhboyOhboy (not).

Sayhey! MM#130

waving madly back atchoo, dg!!  Stick around, please!

Well, I'm so confused, I knew MAri was travelling but I put her in the RR van and instead, she belongs in Macedonia.

Good thing I'm not driving anywhere much today.  (you'll be fine, tw--more than, in fact, I'm sure.)

So Holly, I really want to do the Pig one of these years.  Any chance you'd be inclined to it in '16 or '17??

Really enjoyed running last night--it was only in the 80s and cloudy so I went over the bridge and back twice, which from the country club parking lot made for 11 wonderful miles.  The 5 recovery ones this am were just icing.

Anxious for weekend to land--nothing much planned, just happy to be home after being away last weekend (it's part of why we travel, yes?)

So of course, time is slogging by this afternoon.  Anyone got any jokes?

Sayhey Mike, that's a course to hit your goal.  Sounds good.  I'll be moseying along at a kindler, gentler pace.

Erika, you will crush that race.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Yay, DG's here, too!  It was so fun to run with you at that hippie race Smile

whellll, I came down with a crummy cold.  My boyfriend (Herr Wegetarian, aka door #24) told me to "be more needy", so I asked for a ride home from work, as I came down with the cold gradually over the course of the day (I had run to work).  He happily obliged.

Princess Renee

Marathon Maniac #957

Looking forward to the RTB reports and pictures! Yes, please, lots of pictures. Of course, the non-incriminating kind only (right).

{{{Econo}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

A DG post. Life is good.

I had an appointment with a gastrointestinal guy. My primary care physician is concerned about low iron. I originally started addressing other symptoms. (A temp between 96.2 and 96.9). She ran a electric heart wire testy thing and sent me to the ER over night and I had a stress test the next day. I said screw this and sucked  it up buttercup for a year. DW went with me on the next physical. The Dr said it's probably an auto immuney thingy. So she sent me to an oncologist. He said it's probably an auto immuny thingy. He doubted it's fatal. He also mentioned "runner's anemia". So he suggested an shove a camera up joebutt Dr..My flair-ups had abated - with the exception of fatigue.

I have enough to do without Dr hopping. Physical time, my primary care person urged the gastrointestinal dude. He mentioned runner's anemia.  I told him that the original study included 113 runners and there are more than that at most races. I said the results are pretty inconclusive. 2.05 people per state. The man's eyes popped open and he sat up straighter. Then I said, I'm simply a warehouse rat. He said it could be an auto immuny thingy. So he wants to shove tubes up my nose and other, less glamorous, places.

I told the fella that the Dr.s are giving me directions across the street by send me around the neighborhood first. So, we compromised and we're doing it his way. Oct 9 I'll assume the identity of "Ben Dover" and wear my cape backwards.

SteveP