Masters Running

Saturday 11/29 Master Runs and ... (Read 448 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn: What is it with your weather...60 one day...29 the next..bet everyone in town has a cold... DickyG
    It was 60 down in the flatlands, and 29 at home - there's a 4,000 ft elevation difference between the two! Hey, nice picture of the Beers and the Tramps! Kewl that you could get together.
    On the topic of appropriate posts, perhaps I come from a background of more vigorous debate than some people here. Dark Horse
    Does this include armed combat? Big grin Seriously, I like most of your posts too. Yeah, you can be stubborn sometimes, but I think that's a trait shared by most runners - how else would we make it through long runs? Speaking of long runs, I finally made it to double digits today, after like a month of wussing out after 7 or 8. I ran 4 with the dogs, then went back out for 4.1, then took DD to the rec center and ran 2 more on the indoor track. It was cold and windy today, so if I hadn't gone to the rec center I would have wussed out after 8 again, but I made it to 10.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #3309

I had a nice Thanksgiving and hope everyone else did, too. Despite traveling all week I was able to get in most of my workouts. On the topic of appropriate posts, perhaps I come from a background of more vigorous debate than some people here. However, there is such a thing as community standards, and since this is a community of sorts, one must observe its standards in order to be accepted as a member of the community. Personally, I enjoy reading colorful posts and strong points of view. I am puzzled by people who complain about other posters, when they are free not to read their posts. There are some posters here whose stuff is not to my taste, but rather than complain, I skip over them. Perhaps I am in a small minority, but I actually enjoyed reading those old posts by Earthworm or Earthrunner or whatever his name was on Boomers & Beyond. (I enjoyed the parodies even more.) He was a character and I like characters: I generally do not feel offended or threatened by them. Then PBJ drove him off, which I thought was a humorless and meanspirited thing to do, though other people applauded it. It is not an important goal of mine to be accepted as a member of this community. I would rather go my own way than change who I am. However, I like and respect most of the people who post here, and I would miss having no contact at all with you. To avoid giving offense to anyone, in the future I may stick to the crosstraining thread, which I use as my log and am therefore reluctant to give up, and the monthly mileage thread. Dark Horse
      Deleted what I said, and will not speak on this issue again. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I hope you can introduce me to many more MM tomorrow, and with the out and backs we'll get a couple of chances to see each other!!
        - the chance meeting at the Expo couldn't have been timed better to meet two of the famed founders and one more of the five barefoot maniacs. The below who ran today will be running tomorrow too. Ziggy, many of the maniac streakers not only run weekend back-to-backs for several weeks (like Mr. 70 years old who ran seven marathons in seven weeks) but also Sat/Sun doubles. they get carried away when holiday marathons fall on a Monday or Friday so can do triples and when there's a midweek holiday that has a marathon, e.g. Atlanta Marathon on Thanksgiving, the Maniacs will often create another one for quadzilla. That's exactly what happened this year with the new Wishbone Marathon on Friday allowing many PNW runners to do a convenient triple without the hassle of flying all across the country. With his lifetime total of 922 marathons and ultras, Ultra-Paul did all four. One of the reasons Nic was probably a little vague about his 13 marathons/ultras in the last 12 weeks is that it is sure no big deal amongst the megamaniacs who might run 26 or more in the same 13 weeks (but Nic stays close to home in Seattle and doesn't get to fly all over the place to do 'em). Incidentally, our own TomD's multi-hundred marathon streak is six official marathons in six days.
        26.2 miles today @ STS (slower than slow) running at various times with 1. yolanda finishing her 57th marathon of the year 2. larry finishing his 100th marathon of the year 3. Paul finishing his 15 official marathon in November for number 922 lifetime. 4. finishing with Richard in his 32-year marathon streak, 65 years adding both of us. when Nic, who just started running marathons this year told me it was his "13th in 12" I said, "wow, 13 in one year in your first year already," he said, "no, 13 in the last 12 weeks!" Injured Monte walking out his 99th marathon so family and friends from out-of-town could celebrate his 100th marathon in tomorrow's Seattle Marathon. He ran marathon number one less than three years ago.
        timmy won't know for sure until tomorrow but, not that I wouldn't want to do the convenient Seattle Ghost/Seattle Marathon double this weekend for the third time but some extraneous issues might divert my attention and let me restart my December taper a day early. watch out!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Good Evening Masters Nothing much to report here. Went out for a short 3.2 mile run with my dogs this morning. Part of it on BLM trails. My feet didn't hurt afterwards like they normally have, so I"m encouraged by that. If they still feel okay tomorrow, I'll probably head out for another EZ run so I can try and hit over 60 miles for November Roll eyes

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, it'll be interesting to see if you or me hit over 60 miles for November! I've got the 26.2 from the NYC marathon, and I've done 26 miles so far this week. So... I have to do 8 miles tomorrow to hit 60... that's the most I've run since NYC. Today I ran 7.48 miles on the treadmill in 1:05... longest run I've done since the marathon and I swear it almost killed me. Can't believe how much endurance (and speed) I've lost. And my foot isn't happy with me either. So I'm torn between running tomorrow (which I want to do) and taking Monday as a rest day, or doing an hour + of pool running (please dear God no...) and some weights. Today I also hit the pool for 15 minutes of pretty easy "pace" pool running after my hour and 5 mins of running. No weights today.
              And my foot isn't happy with me either. So I'm torn between running tomorrow (which I want to do) and taking Monday as a rest day, or doing an hour + of pool running (please dear God no...) and some weights.
              I think Tim would remind you of all of us telling him no running so long as his foot hurt. Don't do it, Erika . . . no, no, no. Evil grin

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

munchkn883

Not too sure of how far I walked, but Mr.Munch and I went to Knoxville for the UT game. Walked from the parking garage, all the way around Neyland Stadium and then up to the upper deck to the nose bleed section. Guessing I walked about 1.5 to 2 miles. Actually was fun.