Masters Running

Fri April 25 Runs and Workouts (Read 468 times)

My right foot feels like there's a swollen lump under the ball of my foot, base of 2nd and 3rd toes.
    Sorry about nosing in...but you might get a podiatrist to take a look at that. My SIL just recently had a soft tissue mass removed from the same area of her foot. Doc said it was no big deal, but would have been less healing problem if it had been done sooner.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
    dg.

aww, for Amy & Erika..
      evanflein

Thanks Deb! Big grin And thanks, evryday, I was thinking about that this morning. And I'm bummed cuz I liked those shoes... but I'll wear slippers at work before I'll let those things hurt my foot more!

Marathon Maniac #957

I think I was the last post on yesterday's daily. Nothing worth repeating.
          Nono - I ALWAYS go back and read the rest of yesterday's daily over my morning coffee, and I know I'm not the only one. Erika, if it's any consolation, my toe is KILLING me. All day I've been limping like a wuss. And you know what hurts even more? The scale! How the heck did I manage to gain 5 lbs in 4 days away frome home? And I waited till today to weigh myself, just to let some of the travel bloat diminish. Drat!! Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I Can Go The Distance

Good Afternoon Runners, I agree with all the comments about traffic. That's why when I run on the streets, I run at 5:30 am. Less air pollution at that time of day as well. Easy run today. 5 miles in 52 min 10:24/mile pace. Have a great evening and good luck to anyone racing this weekend! Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

3 easy mile at 10:16 pace this afternoon. The last of the taper!! Sunday, OKC Memorial Marathon, I'll let it all out! I posted this on wa5yom's weekend racer thread, but thought I'd include it here as well. I'm taking this opportunity to post my goals for this, my first marathon. In order of priority: 1. fininsh injury free 2. finish strong 3. 4:30 just because it's a nice round number (as far as time goes) 4. 4:25 just because it's in the middle. 5 4:20 evryday on crack goal 6 negative split I didn't list have fun, enjoy the experience, see the beauty, all those other very important goals....for me, those are givens. No matter what the results are I will always meet those goals.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm still recovering fron my long run on Tuesday, I think! I skipped Wednesday, ran 1 mile yesterday, and 3 today. Tomorrow is my 5k that I'm running with my running partner and my 10-year-old daughter. The weather looks perfect - mid-40s and sunny. Can't wait! This is the first race I've ever done a second time.
                Mariposai

After 4 days of fasting from running I went out this afternoon to take my new shoes for a test (Asic Nimbus 9) wow I love this shoes, I just love the way it fits around my feet. I think it is going to be worth the price I paid for it. 8 miles around the budding apple orchards. The hip is feeling better (5 days post marathon), I think it its ready for salsa dancing, but not for cha cha just yet. Blush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmOGkAniZ4 Smile SmileGo EVRYDAY GO!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile You will do TERRIFIC in your first marathon. You have trained hard for this big day...now...let the race come to you. Teresa, enjoy your 5k race with your 10 year old daughter and your friend. Good luck JJJ on your race also. Bring us back cool trail pictures. Holly, how did the signing on the house go?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

No running for me today, just marathon shopping with DD! Cool I had to take DD to an orthodontist appt this morning, then we went out to lunch and shopped. Mostly new clothes for her, but I got a few things for myself as well. I'll get out for a long run tomorrow with my dogs, and hopefully a hike with the whole family. Seemom, I'm definitely NOT signing up for the Bolder Boulder! Way too crowded. No way I want to run with 50,000 people. I like small races, like the Neder Nederland in September.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Managed to run 3.8 early this evening - felt so good to get out after two days off. Rehearsal tomorrow morning; may do long (7) late tomorrow, or maybe Sunday. So excited to "sleep in" until at least 7:00 tomorrow! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

arf

MM #405

I think it its ready for salsa dancing, but not for cha cha just yet. Blush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmOGkAniZ4 ?
                        NICE dancing! dancers have great glutes don't they? Big grin