Masters Running

Sunday 7.12.15 (Read 37 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Cooking so no time except for my joy for enke!  So good x 3!

10 miles with a bridge RT w/ Speedsters, nice pace, then 4 pokey ones listening to NPR and gathering mangoes along the way.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike, having been in HR for almost 18 years now, it really pains me to hear about situations like yours. Depending on if you are salaried or hourly, what your boss is expecting of you is either immoral or illegal. If he's the owner, then yes, he should be at the top of the commitment and dedication scale. To expect that of your employees, however, is just not right. Bullying takes many forms, and it sounds like your boss is a passive-aggressive bully. And there's no way you should be tolerating that treatment from his brother.

Mike - I totally agree with Erika.  You are one of the kindest, most giving people I know.  To see how that company is taking advantage of you makes me want to, well, give them a serious what-have you!  I sincerely hope and pray that you find a better job.

Enke - that sounds wonderful!

Jlynne - you are an amazing golfer - well done!

Hermosaboy - I think Wedding 5Ks are an awesome idea.  The first I heard of them was yours, but it seems that you have started a trend. 

Dave - congratulations!

12.1 slow miles for me this morning in 70-ish degrees, followed by 30 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow--thanks everybody.  I was expecting more like, "Ah, stop feeling sorry for yourself and be happy you have a dang job!"  That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.  By the way--I went in for 4 hours, today, because I'm leaving at noon to go to me race, tomorrow.  And, yes--my boss is the owner--and, yes--I am on salary--an, no--I do not get paid overtime.

Enke...tall, blue eyes, and a cyclist...hmm...I just don't know if I'm liking this guy...

Okay--I gotta go.  I have another job I'm going to send my resume in for.  It's the same company I sent one in for, the other day, but this is for a different position.  See ya!

evanflein

I didn't really have a long run last week, so wanted one this week to balance that out. And I needed 17 to hit 50 mpw which has become my own stupid self-inflicted goal for no reason other than I like it (usually). But, today also needed to be hills, as I said earlier, and knew I wouldn't last for 17 miles with the route I had planned. Yup, I was right. 5.5 miles of a lot of steep stuff to get to the trailhead, then 2 miles of trails (lots of downhill, some ups), then dirt roads with steep downhill stretches and some rolling stuff. Egad, my legs are toast. DH met me just after 10 miles with my Nuun, probably should've had it much sooner but I don't plan very well. He met me again about a mile and a half later and I said I was done. I will feel this tomorrow!

12.18 today, 45.5 for the week. First week under 50 miles since last week of April/first week of May. At least I'm still at only 2 weeks under 40 for the year, so still doing pretty good on the goal thing.

Henrun

Mike - I totally agree with Erika.  You are one of the kindest, most giving people I know.  To see how that company is taking advantage of you makes me want to, well, give them a serious what-have you!  I sincerely hope and pray that you find a better job.

Hermosaboy - I think Wedding 5Ks are an awesome idea.  The first I heard of them was yours, but it seems that you have started a trend. 

I agree that Mike deserves better.

Holly, we had a run the day before our wedding on the Charles 13 years ago .

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow--thanks everybody.  I was expecting more like, "Ah, stop feeling sorry for yourself and be happy you have a dang job!"  That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.  By the way--I went in for 4 hours, today, because I'm leaving at noon to go to me race, tomorrow.  And, yes--my boss is the owner--and, yes--I am on salary--an, no--I do not get paid overtime.

Enke...tall, blue eyes, and a cyclist...hmm...I just don't know if I'm liking this guy...

Okay--I gotta go.  I have another job I'm going to send my resume in for.  It's the same company I sent one in for, the other day, but this is for a different position.  See ya!

Mike--rub some dirt on it.

There, feel better?

Joys of phone entry. Good for Enke. Hope this takes.

I'm too lazy to get the computer out, so I think it's just about bed time.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Okay – back from vacation – I ran, swam, ate lobster, and then came home. I missed Denise though Sad

Thank you so much for my big Mariposai hug

Holly – I really am happy to be back as well

Henry and Marj – I have done the NF/Buffalo trip so many times – I love the running community our there and the multitude of running trails!

Tet – lovely moon images! And I am sure that you swim very well.

HermosaBoy – “Friends don't let friends run 5ks!!!” shhhh – I had Amy running a local 5K when she was out here to run Boston

Did TwoCat say “stout beer glaze over lamb chops” wow!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks LaT, started and ended the day with one.
                  . . . .Not like Walden though.
                  Good job with the house dave.
                  Good job with the sprained ankle gimmick enke

. . . I bet you didn't need it though.  luckeee.
                  Good luck with getting a new job Mike

go work for Steve
                  Good luck with getting old Erika
                  However, sorry to say but getting older doesn’t make it much better as my 84-yo IM mentor is still faster than me and my neck-and-neck AG nemesis in marathons, 5/10K’s, triathlons, etc. starting at the 1990 Goodwill Games Marathon when I beat her 4:06 to 4:12 just did her own 4:06, following up two sub-fours last year at age 70!

As for me, a very yippee-yippee day

Longest training run in 8 years - 10 miles.
                  Although I cycled mariposai for her run along the waterfront last month and jtv a number of years ago plus recommending it to everyone I can, it’s been eight years since I’ve done the same now that I’m on the other side of town. However, I felt pretty good after a last minute trail 5K this morning that’s about the maximum I can do in the mountains anymore so I ran pretty much all six miles past the waterfront, up-and-through Discovery Park that was a military base used by our UW ROTC in those days, and down-and-over the locks with pleasure craft streaming in-and-out of Lakes Union and Washington to the other side of town for their Seafest Weekend.
                  It took as long to get there as it used to to do it over-and-back and, everytime a younger runners zipped by me on one leg or the other, I marveled how I could ever have run like that.  Fortunately, gettin’ to post herein makes it hard to forget, . . and harder to give up.  Thanks.
                  two cat - I used to reward my hard studies with a nibble of pickled herring but n.
                  ps - oddly enough, though I don’t like bourbon, this bourbon oyster stew with bourbon bread pudding sure was good after 13 miles.  I didn’t try the Norwegian whiskey ice cream though but I have eaten the Swedish herring ice cream before.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

MikeE, I've had a boss who bough the company we worked for. At some point, the company took ownership of him. He did take half a day off when his wife wound up in the hospital with heart issues. Though it's been less than three months since I've started back at a former company, there's a night and day difference. If anyone asks me to testify, darn skippy I will. Work is a nice chunk of many of our lives. Today may be a good time to update your resume.

We get you first Dave59!!!

Gotta love a happy Enke!!!

Thanks Tet. I'm an hourly guy who clocks in and clocks out. Low person on the totem pole. Holly asked what I do and I was evasive. What I was hired to do is unload trucks and count things. What I actually do is see things that need to be done and do them. A salesman had a customer refuse a door because it was incorrect. He was taking a $3,000 hit on his paycheck to replace it. I double checked with the manufacturer. And showed our salesman how simple it would be to rebuild the door in less than an hour.  I've been getting management modules in my email that are to be completed. I don't know what that's about.

6 1/4 miles with the mutt in the H&H. Lots of streams for the ol' flea bag. As it's been dry for the last week and a half, a few streams were lower. One disappeared into a hole in the creek bed.

SteveP

SteveP

If AD and I were to buy a picture, which one would you choose? We're torn.

A: 

B:

SteveP

evanflein

Steve, get the first one with the time showing on the clock. The other one looks more like it's of the person behind you.

Dave59

Steve, get the first one with the time showing on the clock. The other one looks more like it's of the person behind you.

See, I was going to say the second one because it looks like a cute chick in the picture.

Marathon Maniac #957

+1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."