Masters Running

Friday, March 20 - FIRST DAY OF SPRING Runs and Rests (Read 551 times)

lamerunner

Hello again, long time no post. Work is kind of busy.... I had my second epidural shot last Friday; it seems to have had a cumulative effect, somewhat less pain in the butt now. After a 12 miler the previous Saturday, I snuck out ( supposed to take it easy a few days after ) on Saturday and ran almost 16. I was short on time and trying to avoid a second hilly loop so I think it was about 15.6 or 15.7. Managed about 8:40 pace on somewhat tired legs. I guess I am sort of cramming for Boston... not the first time but I am old and decrepit now. Still a bit uncertain about whether it is wise, but if I can keep myself in the mindset that it is just for fun, I will be ok. I do want to finish in one piece though. I am going to try to do the Eastern States 20 miler March 29 if I can work the logistics, just to see how 20 feels, and make sure I can finish it. The question is whether I try to do some sort of long run this weekend....still have two ski races to deal with but the days are longer now. I have done four weekday runs this week in the 6-7 range, two swims and one long ( 80 minutes, 13 miles) elliptical session. Any thoughts? Tim, your recovery is coming along nicely. Good running everyone. Where is Meg?
      Just a "drive-by" post. I'm trying like crazy to get my part of the office in order before I leave. Never ceases to amaze me all the last minute carp people come up with, even though they've known for weeks I was leaving. Evil grin After a late night playing Bonkos (or Bunko) and very little sleep, bagged my a.m. w/o. Have, however, solidified my plans to run with the Sydney Stryders on Sunday, April 5, for their 10 Bridges Classic 20k. The guy I've been corresponding with is going to try and find one of their club members to run with me. The only down side (so far) is it's a 6:00 a.m. start. Dead Plan to purchase a better single bottle hydration pack at REI on our way down to SF tomorrow so that I can carry my little camera with me. Tramps - GOOD LUCK!!! You're gonna do great!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tramps - GOOD LUCK!!! You're gonna do great!
        Tramps--what she said. you've been making your luck so far. Leslie--don't forget to look the other way than you're used to when you step off the curb. it was well before i was a runner, but i nearly got clipped a few times just walking.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Friday - 6.03 miles - progressive - 46:45 - 7:42 - Avg HR 138 Max HR 148 - Sunny & cool 43° 7:56 - 7:51 - 7:48 - 7:38 - 7:33 - 7:26 - :10
          Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Ran with my regular Friday running buddy today and our 14yr old DDs!! The Moms did 6.5 , the girls probably 4 ,trying to get back in shape for the upcoming track season. At the end of the run my DD was very enthusiastically telling me how much she would like to pick up biking.. Roll eyes Not sure how much or little running to do this weekend....I guess it will all depend on how much free time I can carve out ..from work! A good day to all!! Francesca

King of PhotoShop

Happy Spring! There's hope for all you cold-climate runners. Byll--that'll be an adventure! Gordon--congrats on the new job! Easy 2-mile leg-stretching run this morning. This concludes the training portion of the program. Smile I always liked the way Tall (Where is Tall?) put his goals out there in advance, so... Saturday’s National Marathon goals: 1. Have fun with an injury-free race. 2. PR (current = 3:37:18) 3. Sub-3:30 (and BQ) No excuses; weather’s looking great (sunny, 6 mph wind, low-30s at the start, low 40s by 11:00).
              I heard from Tallrunner today, just coincidentally. He said, "I have been so sick and injured this year, but things are looking up..Things are extremely hectic with work, my girls and everything else that I have no time to post on the running board...soon hopefully." I wrote back and told him you cited him in predicting your performance tomorrow. I am sure he will be pleased to read that he inspired you to publicize your goals. Spareribs
                hey masters booms, 6 miles for me this afternoon. First three easy, last 3 at tempoish pace of 9:12. 70F and breezy....a really nice day here in beautiful OK. I realize I could be banished from the forums with the follow lyrics, but I'm starting to run low on running lyrics (get it?... run low? I kill me....how do I come up with this stuff?) MTA....OK Halllar set me straight and now I don't feel so bad about these lyrics. It's Tommy James....the lame version from Tiffany was a many years later remake. Children behave That's what they say when we're together And watch how you play They don't understand And so we're Running just as fast as we can Holdin' onto one another's hand Tryin' to get away into the night And then you put your arms around me And we tumble to the ground And then you say I think we're alone now There does't seem to be anyone around I think we're alone now The beating of our hearts is the only sound Tommy James
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                TammyinGP

weatherman got it wrong . . . clouds/rain turned to sun by lunchtime, so I went out for a run - 3.4 miles in 31 minutes. I hope weatherman is wrong again tomorrow.

Tammy

Tramps

Tramps.. listen to Ribs and relax and don't think about the large sum of money I have bet on your sub 3:30 Shocked
                    Big grin Thanks everyone! (Ribs--sorry to hear Tall's been having a tough time.)

Be safe. Be kind.

Go get em Tramps! I love Tommy James 7 miles just under an hour with the middle 5 at BQP an average of 8:12 pace for those 5. I felt tired all day and was supposed to do a tempo run tonight but opted for a BQP instead. Glad I did as my legs never really got loose the entire run and now I am sitting here exhausted and a little nausious. Hope I am not coming down with a bug. Maybe the week has just caught up to me. NCAA Michigan State game tonight so some serious couch time is in my near future. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

I love Tommy James Larry
                        Oh yeh....Tommy James and the Shondells. I forgot all about him/them. Actually I was unaware he had done that song. Thanks for setting me straight. Gonna have to modify the original post.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          Good luck, Tramps! I'm certan that a sub- 3:30 is well within your grasp (or stride, more appropriately) I just may get to 40 miles this week, with a LR on Sunday. Todays' run was 8.64 miles in 1:15 something...whatever that works out to be. Walt