Masters Running

Soggy Saturday 5/16 (Read 33 times)

Mike, I loved the Lambeau Field story.  marj, from the other posts, I'm guessing the picture you posted was jlynne's grandkids.   Whoever, they're cute and I like the pace charts.  Holly, smart move under the circumstances for your DNF after 26.5 miles.  You need to be healthy for the next two big races on your schedule.  starr, happy birthday.

Nice long runs for C-R and Twocat.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 50s and there was just a light breeze.  Due to fog and overcast, it was humid but not a bad day for a run.  I did 6 miles at an 11:40 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

I love the grandkid pictures from Tom and Jeanne!

Twocat, does your rule extend to "No running in the snow?"  I actually don't mind running in snow, because you don't get all wet!  It was snowing hard when I started my run, and it was sticking on the ground, but by the end the sun was out and the snow had all melted.  And this was in a 4 mile run!

Holly, bummer about the DNF, falling, and getting lost twice.   One of the things I dislike about multiple loop courses is that it's too easy to quit.  But given your sore knee, it sounds like a good call to stop.

I hope Marj's knee and Stumpy's ankle start behaving themselves!

Happy trails, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Holly, sorry about the DNF, they're never easy. At east this wasn't a "goal" race (i.e., at least you didn't DNF Boston!) and you'll be better prepared for your next races. Hope your knee is ok. And yeah, what Tet said.

Happy Birthday, Starr! I loved the star greeting that Wildchild posted on FB.

Ribs, don't you have a circuit breaker for the stove? It should be on its own breaker, I think. Easy to just flip off. You guys are pretty lucky. Hope next week is a peppier week for running.

TwoCat, I'm not on the academic side... we just finished open enrollment yesterday so next week will be all the appeals to accept late paperwork (I rarely do), and last month we wrapped up our current wellness incentive program. Now we're working on supervisor training and affordable care act compliance stuff. It never ends. June and July are actually pretty good months though, so I hope to take some Fridays off and play in the garden.

Cute picture of the kids with pace tats! That's adorable, thanks Marj! I hope things dry out a bit for the Cell Com race tomorrow. Jlynne, we'll want pictures!

I finally got to the greenhouse today and bought a ton of seedlings and seeds for the garden! Woot! DH will rototill it today and I'll start getting it ready for planting. I have all week to get it ready and planned, and seeds planted. I'll put the seedlings in next weekend. That's part of what the friday before Memorial Day is all about: a 4-day weekend to work on the garden and yard! I can't wait.

Off to go run 6 or so...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Exciting game in Seattle.........will be hard for our boys in red to recover maybe.     Our radio announcers are totally enamored with Seattle.

Thanks amy. somehow that helps a little too, especially since you've been here and know too.

maybe I'll get oer it after all but I doubt it.

maybe the grandkids'll take their pace arms to strategic mileposts tomorrow and let grandfma know how she's doing.  They look like they might like to run the last part with you too.

My vow never to run in the snow lasted 38 years until getting caught in a snowstorm for three miles on the way up Hakone Pass in February but a conveniently “OPEN” onsen hotspring at mile 18 was the perfect reason to DNF.  I just wish all my DNF’s had adjacent hotsprings.
          /.
          I should have vowed never to run in the rain either but not running in the rain in Seattle is about the same as not running which, come to think of it, is what I do anyway.  Thank for the good excuse from now on twotiger. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

What a gorgeous day for a run! Bright sunshine, a bit of a breeze, and about 71° for 6.75 miles this afternoon. DH delivered the rototiller to his sister, and picked me up on the way back just before the really steep part of our hill. Perfect timing!