Masters Running

eastern states 20 mile RR (Read 481 times)

coastwalker

Hi D4B, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a terrific way to celebrate; a sub-2 half, lots of support from family and friends along the way, beers with friends, then a birthday cake with your family - how does it get any better than that??? It was a glorious day for a race, and I noticed that there was even supposed to be a bit of a tail wind going down the coast (which is pretty rare for this time of the year). It's too bad that the cramps prevented you from having a totally great day, but that is a fixable problem, and it didn't seem to get in the way of your celebration. Congratulations!! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Great job, and in spite of calf and toe cramps, (which, after all, might be better than stomach cramps) - well done! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (okay, a little late, but hope it was fun...)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

thanks everyone!! it was a great birthday!! Smile now tomorrow DS#3 turns 18 - he was 90 minutes away from being an April Fool's baby - glad he held off!!

denise

Happy Birthday! Great RR and nice half and a tough finish. "What does not kill us makes us stronger" Life is truly Good

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Congratulations on both birthday and well run 20 miler! Wonderful RR especially since you got be with some very wonderful RA people!
            btb1490

What an awesome way to spend a birthday! Family, friends, good running, good celebrations. You are always so upbeat, even when in agony. Congrats on the unofficial half marathon PR, all your hard work and dedication is really paying off. I absolutely love your reports! Thank you for the smiles! You'll need to race more often so that we can get to read more of them!
                Congrats on a great race. Now thats the way to enjoy your birthday isn't it. I ran this one as well and I don't think we could have asked for a better day, the conditions were spectacular. I too was a bit disappointed in the timing company...in hindsight they probably should have had separate chutes and timing mats for the half martahoners and the 20 milers, but that is more money I am sure. When I got back to the hotel they had just posted the half marathon times and they had many of the 20 milers listed among the half finisher, myself included with a time that was actually about five mintues faster than I had run the 20. I never got see the "official" results until Monday morning and they got it all straightend out from what I could see. It is nice that you were able to run with a friend anad meet up with some new friends as well. Congratulations again on a job well done! Big grin