Masters Running

Talk Like Tet Tuesday, 8.4.15 (Read 40 times)

Tom, were you still in the area when the storm hit, or were you on your way back by then? Our neighbor was camping up at Sleeping Bear Dunes, but I haven't seen him back here yet to find out what happened. Another friend was at the Holland State Park and said that the beach was just about swept away by the wind! Hard to think that the beautiful beach that we walked in Frankfort on Friday morning might have been severely damaged as well.

Rode 28+ miles with the seniors on the weekly Ride for Coffee gathering. One poor guy is only 64 but is having issues with early-onset Alzheimer's. You'd not know it by looking at him or talking to him, but he gets disoriented -- lost -- very easily. If we don't closely watch him or if he slips to the back of the group, next thing you know someone's calling "Where's Roger?" and we have to go looking for him. One time he totally gave us the slip but did eventually make it back to the parking lot, not knowing exactly where he'd gone to get there!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I think enke talks like tet better than tet talks like tet and tet is tet!

...what Scares me most is I actually Understood That..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

"Adored house guest?" Is she talking about an RA meet-up again?  Just kidding Enke - so happy that you're so happy! Enjoy your week.

Keep birthin' them babies Deez.

Happy birthday to my favorite Minnesota person! Hope your day was spectacular Mike.

Glad you're feeling a little sproinkier Ribs.

Wow - 150 marathons? You are so amazing Amy!

I could never talk like Tet. Not even gonna try. I can use some good Wisconsin words: like "bubbler" for water fountain and "pop" for soda

4 miles this morning in IRC, then 18 holes of golf, then 3 hours of grandson babysitting. Guess which one made me the most tired?!

Have a great evening everyone.

Thanks everyone - I have to say I really do love my job. It is such a blessing and so rewarding helping mothers bring new life into the world. If I had become a nurse when I went to college the first go around, I would probably be a midwife now. Even EPIC can't ruin how much I love what I do!!

50 miles on the bike for me today -- saw the end of the sunrise, rode thru many towns, caught in a downpour with streaks of lightening off in the distance, then graced with the sun shining again by the end ..... 5.1 easy run right after to make for a strong brick!!

No way can I talk like Tet but I sure am trying hard to understand him and everyone who can!!

MikeE - Happy Birthday -- what other wild, crazy things are you going to shock us with?

Enke - glad you are having a blissful week!  Just remember you have an East Coast date in September!!

Aasmos - running skirt instead of a shirt sounds like a sweet deal!

Roch - that is so sad about Roger! We are dealing with the same thing with my dh's sister -- she has had her driver's license taken away and has gone from being a nurse/public health inspector to bagging groceries at Shaw's. So sad - she is only 63!

Happy Tuesday my friends!!

denise

Mariposai

Like lie Tet Tuesday, what a fun thread!

You guys are just a hoot today.

Me? Doing the mariposai thing, up at 5am, ran 5 with the Easy Pacer, who only 5 years ago was running so slow and now he is soo, way, so fast for me. I did dump him in the house so I can run 5 additional miles at a much slower pace. Five priceless smile miles.

Off to go home and eat some sushi.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Tet has an eloquence all his own. I almost don't need a translator.

Love the lady BitS idea.

What the heck did MikeE say?

How'd the volley ball tryouts go, Holly?

Enke, what ever you said sounds lovely.

TomS, They are at the city park in Scottville. I'll head down Friday for the rest of the weekend. There's a 5K in Baldwin, Tag and I would like to hit Saturday. I hope to need the double jogger for two thirds of the grandkids. Good luck with your mother. I know it's challenging.

Here's from the Sleeping Bear Dunes area Roch.

There's a lot of work ahead.

Tag and I went out for a 40 min run. It was just nice.

SteveP

Steve, for many years we used to have our family reunion at the Scottville park.  About 25 years ago, The Old Engine show took over the park on our weekend and ended that.  It's a nice park.  When I was  just a little guy and the park was not yet built, I've been sucker fishing at that location with my dad and an uncle. My dad was raised on a farm about 2 miles south of the park.

TomS