Masters Running

Missoula Montana Marathon RR - Longest Ever? (Read 303 times)

That was an excellent Montana Marathon! Congratulations, Twocat, on setting challenging but realistic goals and working to accomplish them. Simply excellent.
    LaVita
    evanflein

Thanks for finally getting this RR done! And it wasn't too long... good to get the editor to leave you alone, right? So neat for you to meet and run with BTB, I hope you passed along our greetings. You sure lucked into some on-site race support, didn't you? That's great. Your time was really very good, right in the middle of your two goals and one of those was a PR! Coming back from injury the way you are, that's very impressive. Thanks for the greta report.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Worth the wait Twocat! Really awesome strong finish! 3:25 with walk breaks.. man you've got lots of potential for NYC! So glad your "aide" showed up as planned.. that made it nice. Congratulations! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

huskydon

Very nice job! You must be quite pleased coming back from injury. May your next one be faster still. huskydon
          coastwalker

Hi Twocat, For your first post-injury marathon, you did great! You ran a solid race, hit 2 of your 3 goals, and weren't far off your goal time at all. This has got to make you feel good about your prospects for a real good race in New York. Congrats on a job well done, and welcome back! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Last mile the fastest - woohoo! Excellent job, Twocat!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thank you all for taking the time to read and reply to my RR. Just a few quick answers to the various questions: wildchild I sure did say hi from RA. Wish I could convince him to return and post again but that seems unlikely. enkephalin apparently the race day weather was pretty typical. Montana it seems cools way down each night to the high 40's or low 50's and then warms up during the day hitting a high in the 80's around 6pm. There is also very little humidity day or night. I found it took me a day or two there to believe this is what would happen race day as the overall pattern is very different from here in CT. srlopez to be honest I just took the weather figures off of SportTracks. I have the weather plug in for it, and it is supposed to go out and pull data from the nearest weather station and report things like the temperature in real time. It claims the starting temperature in Frenchtown was 55 and the finish in Missoula 53. But it may be this is not accurate. I really have no way of verifying these figures. nonoruns and evanflein yea, pesky guy that editor! Aamos what a memory! I coauthored an article for a professional publication. In my field publications are tiered in terms of influence and prestige. Think of writing something and then having a choice of seeing your local paper, the regional paper, or a national paper publish it and you get the idea. The paper I coauthored was published in, using my newspaper analogy, one of the national papers. The editors it seems voted to award it the prize for the best paper published by them in the prior year. Big grin SueT48 it is still nice to be home! Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

xor

Twocat, my watch tells me it was 49 at the start (woohoo for most, cold for me) and 76 at the end (woohoo for me, hot for most). All the bank thermometers I saw as I walked back to my hotel at about 4:30 on the race clock showed 80ish. I'm pretty sure 53 was really the day's low, but not the temperature around 10a. ANYWAY - it was far better than last year's heat and you did great. Factoring in the rising temperatures, consider that you did extra great.