Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 7.1.14 (Read 35 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Ribs (any anyone else who's curious about Teslas),  I found this posted a while ago and forwarded to our company's founder, who now owns a nice red one.  Depending on how big your screen is, it may be NSFW, as there are printed vulgarities.  You may have already seen the Oatmeals take on long distance running at some point.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s

Hope you like it.  I can't help it, I think it's funny.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Now you see me, now you don't?    I just got around to posting my 4 miler from last Friday.   It was a great run with a break by the lake for the dogs.   Momma duck and ducklings prevented me from letting them off leash.   Busy weekend without runs though.   Today I was gearing up and noticed something pretty "off" with Rizzo.   She could hardly get up and down steps or walk for that matter so no run, and a trip to the vet instead.   Not sure what is wrong, maybe a pulled back muscle (she was fine last night) and/or a bug bite that she had a reaction too.   She's on some good meds and at work with me now, seems to be doing better.   We will see what tomorrow brings....

Jylnne....so sorry to read about your sister.   Hugs from afar!

Hi Starr!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

{{{{Jlynne and family}}}}

Six miles of hills at a chatty tempo pace. It was a good way to Welcome July and to start celebrating my birth month!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Somebody translate what Tet said for me.  Spareribs

confidential editor's note to all:

don’t tell him I said so but I think tet's trying to say without saying it that he's a lazy SOB who still has dial-up and doesn't want to go to all the trouble and time, especially if there are pictures that have to be downloaded, to do the searching/linking to find what's so cool about a Testa because he probably doesn’t think anything about a car is cool but is alway interested in finding out what others think without having to figure it out himself.  . 
          ps - I'm still working on his grammar and long sentences but I think it’s a lost cause.  sorry.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I'm almost afraid to admit it...but I actually understand almost everything tet says, now...and I enjoy almost every word I almost understand.

I went 10.5 miles, tonight in 1:16:55--3 in 23:21--2 in 12:56--1/2 in 3:55--2 in 12:49--3 in 23:54.

Jlynne--your sister sounds like a great person and I would really love to hear about her.  If you find some time in the next few days, and if you want to, would you tell us all about her and what made her special to you?

Okay--that's it from me, tonight--see ya!

Hey everyone!

7 miles done in the heat and humidity, took the day off today, decided to do some speedwork, not sure what possessed me to go out at lunch time though, it was 93 and humid then..

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hello everybody!  I'm almost afraid to admit it...but I actually understand almost everything tet says, now...and I enjoy almost every word I almost understand.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jlynne--your sister sounds like a great person and I would really love to hear about her.  If you find some time in the next few days, and if you want to, would you tell us all about her and what made her special to you?

I couldn't have said it better myself, . . .

especially including her recent 5K and planned 10K or most recent times to use as my goals for this year..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Hopefully your gingerly thigh test worked out well, Jay.

Thank you for that post, Starr.

12 years old already?!!??

Echo to Holly.  Starr, don't do an OWS without some safeguard, no matter how well you swim. It's the good swimmers who get in trouble because they think "what could happen?"

I hope that does not include jumping off of bridges post run. Will an over inflated ego work as a flotation device?

SteveP -- sent your post with Tag's response to DH, who needed a grin today.  He got it.  He's in the "you need to write a book" camp to share Tag with the world.  Of course, his idea of heaven is when I go away to a race and he can rewatch Star Trek movies and eat pizza.

DW has a camping week with just her sibs in July and it's Godzilla movies and pizza here. As DD#1 has a due date near that time, DW has pulled out for this year. Noah has some of his mother's personality traits. The last time they were over, I said to Noah, "If the baby is born on a Tuesday, I get to name it.". He said, "No Grampy. If the baby is born on a Tuesday, I get to name it.". And we went back and forth until he told his mom on me. It resulted in a debate with Noah and his mother. As I backed away, I thought to myself, "My work is done here".

(((((Rizzo)))))

DS is continuing to impress us. He's always been the late bloomer. Monday night, he tells us that he bought a car! I never asked what kind . It was $5,000. He could have paid cash, however, he took out a loan to establish credit.

SteveP