Masters Running

Friday's daily, 2.19.16 (Read 35 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am so glad this week is over!  I spent almost the entire day, today, listening to my boss as he "helped" me with a project at work...it is almost unbearable....but enough of that...it's the weekend!

Yes--as happy as I am that Enke is happy...I feel that I must ask the question.  Now, I do not wish to cast aspersions on the man...but I can't help wondering why somebody who is known as "Mr. Blue Eyes" was wearing sunglasses in every one of his pictures...hmmm.  By the way...I have never used the term "cast aspersions" in my life...which is another reason I wonder about this man.  But--I guess if Enke is happy, that is all that matters.  But I will be monitoring this situation very closely.

You know, Leslie--I have been praised many times for my running accomplishments...and I always appreciate any praise I ever get...but I can tell you that there is absolutely no way I would have ever been able to run 31 miles up and down trails as muddy as that Hagg Lake 50k.  You are one tough cookie!  And I, too, am very sorry for your family's loss...we really don't know when we'll lose somebody we love.

Slo--I have gotten out of bed 50 days in a row--but that's about it.  Nice job.

That David is quite a kid, Tammy.  I am looking forward to hearing how tennis goes for him...something tells me he'll master that sport, as well.

Doesn't tet say everything well?

How'd the rest of your day go, Stump?  Stump?  Stumpy...are you there?  Uh oh...

Happy birthday to Nicholas!  Oh, to be 3 again...I remember when I was 3...wait...no I don't.  Jlynne--can you ask Nicholas what it's like to be 3?

Hey Amy--no marathon, this weekend?  What's up with that?

Good luck Marge!  Good luck to all of you racing, tomorrow!

Tom--I am so impressed--and happy to see that you are continuing to walk while you recover from eye surgery.  Anytime I have ever had to be down for awhile--I don't do a dang thing.  Nice job!

Oh...my running...yesterday I did 10 miles with the middle 7 being at a 6:45 pace and, today, I did an easy 6.  It's pretty sloppy out there--I had to jump over, go around, and run through a whole bunch of puddles.  It was fun.

Okay--I'll leave you all alone.  See ya!

Gosh everyone, you are making me     And also making me wonder if I was that miserable before!   Ya, I've been through the ringer the past 3.5 years, with my loving husband of 26 years unexpectedly running off - that's a whole book in itself, but finally now I feel peace - new job so I didn't end up unemployed as I feared, great boyfriend whom I'm crazy about and my kids are doing well.  I haven't felt this blessed and content in a long time.

Stumpy.....some days!

Leslie, sorry to hear about your relative.

That David - I'm so impressed.  I'll probably be voting for him in an election someday, ha!

Mike, I had to look up the term "cast asperations" as I didn't quite understand...

Mr. Blue Eyes does indeed have blue eyes.  Mariposai can attest to this.  In fact, his eyes are so light blue that they are very sensitive to light.  Hence the sunglasses in most photos.  Amusingly, when he was working in India for a short stint, people on the street would mistake him for Bruce Willis.  I find this hilarious, as other than roughly the same mouth, nose and crooked smile, he is so much skinnier than Bruce Willis!   Which perhaps says something about Indians' perceptions of a normal weight for a man compared to Americans'.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Yes--as happy as I am that Enke is happy...I feel that I must ask the question.  Now, I do not wish to cast aspersions on the man...but I can't help wondering why somebody who is known as "Mr. Blue Eyes" was wearing sunglasses in every one of his pictures..

You need sunglasses on that white snow or you will grow blind. 

Mr. Blue Eyes is really a keeper. The Easy Pacer and I  had a blast with both Enkie and him last weekend. It is so much fun to see our Enkie so balanced and in love. Ohhh, and he treats her like a treasure... a must in a relationship if you ask me.

Three miles for me today in the rain in the middle of the day. I think my staff are getting ready to see me off for a run when I am fed up with non=sense policy.

13 miles this weekend and then...marathon weekend party next week.

Cheers,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

funny you would say someday you might be voting for him in something Enke - because part of his bio that was read when they were introduced on stage, included what they hope to do or be when they go up. He said he'd like to be a lawyer and maybe someday president. The president part was somewhat of a joke, because he has a few teachers who comment to him "some day you're going to be president, David Moore". lol

good lord, I hope not. please don't go in politics.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Don't worry tammy. I"m sure he'll overcome being in the only profession

that doesn't have to swear to tell the truth in court and never have any interest

in the other profession where it doesn't matter anyway. 

jay/mikeE - thanks.

sometimes our fellow masters' accomplishments

and kindnesses, including you both so many times,

make it come out right in spite of me.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Will go back & read & comment later

picked up my number & switched to 15k.  The injured one is not running 

marj

aamos & steve - see you soon

shout-outs to everyone else - hi!!!

marj

Looking forward to it.

SteveP

MikeE - Thank you ~~

And I love your comments about Mr. Blue Eyes.  Ha!!!    And I am also very happy our Enke is happy and at peace.

If someone like David was president, we'd all be living in a better world.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance